Only Desktop Google Chrome is Allowed ...........
- +91 9611615001
- [email protected]
- CET CODE-E206
SHRI MADHWA Vadiraja Institute of Technology And Management
- About SSVMET
- Governing Council
- Vision & Mission
- President’s Message
- College Prospectus
- B. Sc. (Honors)
- Department of Business Administration (MBA)
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physical Education
- Non Teaching
- Non Teaching Staff
- Adjunct Faculty
- Central Library
- National Innovation and Start-up Policy (NISP)
- Spoken Tutorial
- Community Club
- SC-ST & OBC Cell
- Human Rights Cell
- Counselling Cell
- Anti-Ragging Committee
- Women Empowerment Cell
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Student Council
- Parent Teacher Association
- College Newsletter
- Upcoming Events
- Past Events
- Civil Projects
- CSE Projects
- ECE Projects
- Mech Projects
- Basic Science Projects
- Research Guides
- Research Scholars
- Research Ethics
- Locate the Campus
Admission to Ph.D. is granted in accordance with the rules and regulations stipulated by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi. Aspiring students who meet eligibility criteria as specified in regulations shall take up the VTU Entrance Test for Research (VTU-ETR) conducted by VTU. The successful candidates in VTU-ETR must appear Pre-Registration Interview which will be held in designated places. The list of selected candidates will be notified by VTU.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to PhD
Faculty of Engineering
- The candidates shall possess a Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent or M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research degree from the University or any other University recognized by it, with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at either the Bachelor’s or the Master’s Degree.
- The candidates possessing Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent recognized by the University with outstanding merit, having either a minimum CGPA of 7.75 out of 10 or 70% aggregate marks and published research papers in refereed journals or filed/ obtained patents shall also be eligible for admission, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee of VTU.
- The candidates pursuing M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research Degree at the University who have successfully completed the prescribed coursework in the first two semesters of study with outstanding merit of either a minimum CGPA of 7.75 out of 10 or 70 % aggregate marks and published research papers in refereed journals or filed/obtained patents shall be eligible for up-gradation to the Ph.D. Integrated degree programme, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee of VTU.
- The candidates pursuing M. Tech. Degree at the University who have successfully completed the prescribed coursework in the first three semesters of study with outstanding merit of either a minimum CGPA of 7.75 out of 10 or 70 % aggregate marks and published research papers in refereed journals or filed/obtained patents shall be eligible for up-gradation to the Ph.D. Integrated Degree Programme, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee, VTU.
Faculty of Science
The candidates shall possess M.Sc. / M.Phil. Degree in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/MCA, and such other allied disciplines, recognized by the University with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60 % aggregate marks at either the Bachelor’s or the Master’s Degree.
All eligible candidates satisfying the requirements shall submit their applications for VTU-ETR and Ph.D. admission to the University in the prescribed format along with necessary documents; viz., attested copies of degree certificate(s), marks cards of all the related examinations, employer’s certificate if employed, and such other documents as may be prescribed.
Presently the application process is online where in applications are submitted through researcher.vtu.ac.in with the login of the research supervisor under whom the candidate wishes to pursue research.
VTU Guidelines for Ph.D. 2017-18
Recognized Research supervisors at SMVITM
- UG Undergraduate Courses
- PG MBA Admissions
- PhD Doctor of Philosophy
- Select Payee
Enter Payment Details
- Verify Payment Details
- Complete Payment
- Print Receipt
Terms and Conditions
- Corporate Customer: Firm/Company/Institution (F/C/I) collecting payment from their beneficiaries.
- User: The beneficiary making a payment to F/C/I for the services/goods availed.
- Bank shall not be responsible, in any way, for the quality or merchantability of any product/merchandise or any of the services related thereto, whatsoever, offered to the User by the Corporate Customer. Any disputes regarding the same or delivery of the Service or otherwise will be settled between Corporate Customer and the User and Bank shall not be a party to any such dispute. Any request for refund by the User on any grounds whatsoever should be taken up directly with the Corporate Customer and the Bank will not be concerned with such a request.
- Bank takes no responsibility in respect of the services provided and User shall not be entitled to make any claim against the Bank for deficiency in the services provided by the Corporate Customer.
- The User shall not publish, display, upload or transmit any information prohibited under Rule 3(2) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- In case of non-compliance of the terms and conditions of usage by the User, the Bank has the right to immediately terminate the access or usage rights of the User to the computer resource of the Bank and remove the non-compliant information.
VTU Provisional Degree Certificate
Latest update: 5th June 2023
Table of Contents
What is Provisional Degree Certificate?
How to apply for vtu pdc online for cbcs students, how to apply for vtu provisional degree certificate online for non-cbcs students and autonomous students, pdc prerequisites, vtu provisional degree certificate download [procedure].
PDC Important Links
VTU Online Payment
PDC Application Form Sample
Official transcript application sample, extract of grade/ marks card sample, provisional certificate validity, issue of pdc 2023, issue of pdc 2021, vtu provisional degree certificate faqs, latest update on 5th june 2023.
As per the latest circular, VTU will issue provisional degree certificates and transcripts of BE/ BTech/ BArch 2023 passed out students from 10th June 2023.
VTU Circular on PDC 2023
Latest Update on 13th Sep 2021
As per the latest circular, VTU will issue provisional degree certificates and transcripts of BE/ BTech/ BArch 2021 passed out students from 14th September 2021.
VTU Circular on PDC 2021
Provisional Degree Certificate is a temporary certificate VTU issues to students for the interim period between completion of degree and the degree certificate award during convocation.
PDC is enabled only for 2023 passed out students.
Below are the steps to apply for your PDC if you are a CBCS student:
1. Register yourself on the eDDTS portal using the Sign up option.
2. In Sign Up page, ente your USN and the relevant details will populate automatically. And, upload a valid Govt authorized photo ID proof
3. Enter your mobile number and email id. You will receive OTP on your registered email id.
4.Enter the OTP received from EDDTS portal and verify the same.
5.The University will verifty the accuracy of the details entered. Once verified, the EDDTS portal will send the credentials of EDDTS portal to the registered mobile number through sms.
6. Now, login with your eDDTS credentials.
7.Once you have signed in, you must update your profile by clicking on the Profile option.
8. Under the Profile option, Enter your address and upload your photo and signature in jpg format.
9. Click on Apply Document option and select the document "Provisional Degree Certificate (UG/PG) from the drop down.
10. Fill the necessary information in the application and click on Submit.
11.You can view the PDC applied in the "View Applied Documents" option.
12.Fees: Pay the fees online by using the Pay Fees option. PDC fee is Rs 400 and the Official Transcript fee is 500.
13. Once the fee payment is successful you must submit your PDC application by clicking on the "Final Submit' button.
14. PDC Print Out- You may now take a print out of the PDC Application you applied for.
15. Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) status: You can check the status of your PDC application from the "status" option on the Dashboard.
If you have any queries regarding the PDC application process, you may reach out to the support team at [email protected].
Latest Update on 22nd April 2021
VTU Circular dated 22nd April 2021
V TU Provisional Degree Certificate & Marks Card is issued to students who have completed their degree during Aug/Sept 2020 exam. However, there are a few prerequisites and conditions to apply for the Provisional Degree Certificate and extract for Marks Card. We will cover requirements, the procedure to apply for a provisional degree certificate, and download PDC.
VTU Provisional Degree Certificate Aug/Sept 2020
The following are the requirements for submitting an application to Provisional Degree Certificate and Extract of 8th-semester grade/ marks card.
If you want to apply for a Provisional Degree Certificate and Extract of grade/ marks card, you must ensure that you satisfy the below requirements.
- Your CGPA is equal to 5.00 or above.
- You have completed all the subjects for the award of degree.
- You have completed both the courses- mandatory credit and non-credit.
- If you are a lateral entry student, you must ensure that you complete subjects, namely- Advanced Mathematics-I and Advanced Mathematic-II.
You cannot apply for Revaluation and Performance improvement if you apply for PDC and Extract of Marks card.
Updated 7th Feb 2022
As per the latest circular dated 7tth Feb 2022, the University will not accept and process any documents submitted through email [email protected] from 11th February 2022.
Below is a step by step procedure on how to apply for a Provisional certificate (PDC VTU)
1. You must register yourself on the EDDTS portal by clicking on the 'Sign Up' option and setting up your account to avail of the services on EDDTS.
2. Once you click on the Sign-up option, you will get the below screen. In the below screen,
- Enter your USN and other details will populate automatically.
- Upload a valid Govt Authorized ID proof (of Student)
- Enter your mobile no and email id.
- Click on the Register button after entering the details.
You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP received in the below screen and click on 'Verify' to verify the OTP.
Once OTP is verified, you will be redirected to the Sign In page. your login credentials in your registered email id. The University will verify your details and the ID proof. Once verified, the University will share the credentials of the EDDTS portal via your registered mobile no.
3. Now, log in to the EDDTS portal with your credentials by clicking on the Sign In option.
4. Click on Profile to enter your details. It is mandatory that you update your profile details before applying for any documents.
5. Enter your details such as address and upload your photo and signature in the specified format as shown below.
6. Click on 'Apply documents'. Select 'Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) from the drop-down and click on submit.
7. The EDDTS portal will show the PDC fee details in the next screen as below along with any other applications you have applied for. You may delete any applications here if not required.
PDC fee is Rs 400 and the Official Transcript fee is 500. You must make the payment online through the EDDTS portal.
8. In the below screen, the EDDTS portal will show the total fees to be paid. Click on the 'Pay Fees' button. only.
You may choose any option to pay your fees. PDC fee payment using Google Pay.
PDC Fee Payment using Phonepe
9. Once the payment is successful, you will be redirected to the EDDTS portal with the transaction ID. And you will also receive an email confirmation of your payment.
10. Click on the 'Final Submission' button to submit your Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) application
11. Print PDC: After clicking on submit click on print and take a printout of the PDC application that you applied for.
12. PDC Status: You may check the status of your PDC application by clicking on the Status option available in the dashboard.
You will reach the below screen. Click on track.
It will show the tracking details as below.
13. You will receive your provisional degree certificate (PDC) and Official Transcript on your registered email id. Alternatively, you may also download the PDC Certificate and official transcript from EDDTS Portal under My Applications.
If you face any issue during the application process in the EDDTS portal you can reach out to the support team at [email protected].
The provisional certificate issued by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) is valid until the issue of the Degree Certificate. Every year VTU gives degree certificates to students during the Convocation.
VTU Provisional Degree Certificate & Marks Card Softcopy Issued
VTU is issuing a softcopy of the provisional degree certificate and marks Card to the CBCS students who have cleared their graduation by appearing for the terminal semester examinations during August/September 2020. PDC/Extract/Transcript is available in the student login once the processing of applications is complete.
1. Students who have applied through [email protected] can get the soft copy of the Provisional Degree Certificate/ Extract of Marks cards in Student Login.
2. Transcripts will be available in Student Login shortly. You can download the soft copy of your documents if you have applied through [email protected].
Below are the steps to download the softcopy of the VTU Provisional Degree Certificate 2021 / Extract of Marks card.
1.Go to the below links
For CBCS Students
For Non-CBCS Students
2. You must log in with your credentials. Your USN being your user id.
3.If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it using the "Forgot Password" option.
4.In case you cannot reset your password, you can contact your college to get your password reset.
5.If you have applied for August/September examinations through the college, you must contact your college for the password.
6.Once you login to your account, you can download the PDC or marks card.
PDC & Marks Card Hardcopy
VTU will be sending the hard copy of the documents through Post as per the application's address. If there is any change in the address, the students can send an email mentioning the changes.
Below are the email ids for students from different regions.
WES/ NCEES/ IQAS/ PDC/ Official Transcript Applications- Autonomous Colleges
VTU notified that it would not issue the below-mentioned documents from autonomous college students
1.WES- World Education Services offers credential evaluation services.
6.Sending Marks Card for attestation to universities abroad.
Important points to note
1.VTU will not issue the documents mentioned above to autonomous college students.
2. VTu will not refund any online payment made against such applications.
3.VTU will only issue the attestation of Autonomous Degree Certificate, which VTU sends to WES/NCEES/IQAS/Universities. Students cannot send documents directly to VTU.
4.Autonomous college students may contact their respective college or university for further details about attestation of degree certificate and other documents.
5.VTU students must follow the procedure given in VTU WES Application .
1. What is Provisional Degree Certificate?
2.Why is my application for PDC turned down?
Following are the reasons as to why a PDC is not issued:
(a) PDC is issued only to the students who have completed all the subjects, including
i) Additional subjects (scheme change),
ii) Mandatory credit/non-credit courses and bridge courses.
(b) PDC is issued only to the students who complete their degree in the two exams preceding the convocation. If a student has completed the degree before the most recent convocation, issuing PDC is not permissible. For example, students who completed their degree in Jan 2020 exam and July 2020 exam can apply for PDC until the convocation in 2021. These students cannot apply for PDC after the 2021 convocation because they have print and sent the degree certificates.
(c) PDC cannot be issued if the student has applied for revaluation and revaluation results are pending.
3.Is Provisional Degree Certificate valid?
Provisional Degree Certificate validity exists only till the original degree certificate is issued.
4.Is Provisional Degree Certificate enough to apply for a job?
Provisional Degree Certificate is enough to apply for a job and also to apply for further education. However, you must submit the original degree certificate once you receive it.
5.How much time will it take to get a PDC from VTU?
You can download your PDC online within seven days of applying for PDC.
6.Can I get my PDC in 1 day?
It is possible to get PDC and Transcript in 1 day if you visit VTU Belgaum directly and submit the fee receipt before 12.30 pm. VTU will issue the documents on the same day between 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Note that this was possible during the ordinary course. However, now due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this has been discontinued by VTU to adhere to social distancing norms. Students should apply online for a provisional degree certificate (PDC).
7.Is there any other way to apply for PDC?
Previously, you could also apply for PDC via email by sending an email to [email protected] along with documents such as a duly filled application with signature and online fee receipt. However, as per the latest vtu circular, the University will not accept or process any pdc applications received through email from 11th Feb 2022 onwards. Instead the Non- CBCS students may apply for PDC online through the new EDDTS portal and the CBCS students can apply for PDC online through the EDGS portal.
8.Are there any specifications to apply for PDC through email?
The below application through email is discontinued from 11th Feb 2022.
Yes, you must make sure that the email subject is your USN and the body of the email contains exactly four lines with one piece of data on each line as follows.
i. Online payment receipt number
ii. Amount paid in Rs
iii. Mobile number
iv. Document applied. Example; Official Transcript
9.Where do I get my student login credentials?
You can get in touch with the department of your college for student login credentials.
10.What is Username and Password for Student Login?
University Seat Number (USN) is your user name. For example, it is 4SH11CS007 for UG students, and it is 2VX15SCS17 for PG students. A password is a six-digit number sent by the college during the first login. You must change the password after logging in.
11.How to reset the password if I forget the password?
On the student login page, click on Forgot password link to reset your password.
UG VTU Prexam Password Reset
PG VTU Prexam Password Reset
12.What to do if I entered incorrect subject details/ fee details/email id/ Mobile No?
You must contact your department and request them to raise a ticket describing your issue. Only the department has access to submit a ticket on behalf of the students.
13.How to download VTU PDC 2021?
VTU PDC download procedure is as follows:
(i) Go to https://edgs.karnataka.gov.in:444/WEBPORTAL/LoginServices.aspx
(ii) Login with your credentials and download VTU PDC.
14.What is the official link to apply for Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC)?
VTU Official Link to apply for PDC is
15. What is PDC full form?
PDC refers to Provisional Degree Certificate.
16. Is PDC and convocation certificate the same?
PDC is a temperory document issued by the university until the permenant degree certificate is issued. The Convocation certificate or the Degree certificate is permenant in nature and is issued the convocation ceremony conducted by the University.
Also, Read VTU Degree Certificate
- VTU last year question papers
- VTU E Learning
- VTU Time Table New
- Model Question Papers New
- VTU Syllabus New
- VTU Results
- VTU Question Bank
- VTU Revaluation Results
- SGPA to Percentage
- VTU NON-CBCS Results New
- SSP Scholarship 2023 New
- Cloud Computing vtu question papers New
- Machine Learning Syllabus New
- 18CS71-AiML VTU Question Papers New
- Machine Learning VTU Question Papers New
- Web Technology Syllabus New
- VTU change of college Procedure New
- VTU MTech Syllabus New
- VTU MBA Results New
- VTU Notes New
- VTU PhD TimeTable New
- VTU Academic Calendar 2023 Odd Sem
- VTU Updates New
- Infosys Recruitment 2022 New
- Cyber Security Syllabus New
- MBA in USA for Engineering Students New
Center for Online Education
State Technological University, Govt. of Karnataka
"Progress in every country depends mainly on the education of its people"
Sign In With Otp
Login ? Login With Username
New User ? Create an Account
Your experience on this site will be improved by allowing cookies
- Top Colleges
- Top Courses
- Entrance Exams
- Admission 2024
- Sarkari Exam
- Visual Stories
- Write a review
- Login/ Register
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) PhD 2024: Admission, Fees, Courses, Eligibility, Placements
- 3.4 ( 12 Reviews )
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) PhD Fees and Courses Summary
Visvesvaraya technological university (vtu) phd highlights, phd [doctor of philosophy] details.
VTU Ph.D is a 3-year full-time program. Candidates have to meet the basic eligibility criteria set by the college to apply. A merit list is prepared based on their previous performances and students are called in for consideration for admission.
Table of Contents
VTU Ph.D Eligibility Criteria
- VTU Ph.D Admission
- Application Procedure
- VTU Ph.D Fees
- Why Choose VTU Ph.D ?
- VTU Ph.D Specialisation
VTU Ph.D Career Opportunities
Vtu ph.d scholarships.
Students interested in VTU Ph.D courses should meet the following eligibility criteria set by the college.
VTU Ph.D Admission
Admission to the Ph.D course is entirely based on merit. Candidates have to meet the basic eligibility criteria set by the college to apply.
When applying for the VTU Ph.D course, students must follow the steps to register online and fill in the application form.
The step-by-step application process for VTU Ph.D admission is as follows .
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official websites of VTU
- Step 2: Register yourself first by entering your details to generate login details.
- Step 3: Log in using your details and click on the link provided for the online application.
- Step 4: Fill out the application form and upload the scanned signature and passport-size photograph
- Step 5: Pay the application fee online via credit/debit card or net banking.
- Step 6: Submit the form and take a printout of the same for future reference.
During the admission process, students must submit a few essential documents. A list of those is shared below.
- Marksheet of 10th, 12th and graduation
- Qualifying exam mark sheet
- Photo-id proof
- Recent photographs
- Address proof
- Income certificate of the parents
- Aadhar details of students and parents
VTU Ph.D Fees
VTU Ph.D fees for a 3-year course are given below.
Why Choose VTU Ph.D?
VTU is one of the top institutes among various government and private institutes in India. The Ph.D academic program at VTU is comprehensive in scope and includes a research thesis and a minimum number of course credits. Interdisciplinary work is supported through a shared supervision system and interdepartmental group activities. A strong faculty that values research creates opportunities for outstanding research training. The University seeks to engage in sponsored projects from businesses and other groups in the public and private sectors. Each academic department is also setting up the necessary research labs.
VTU Ph.D Specializations
VTU provides many specializations for the Ph.D course, and some of the most popular ones are listed below.
VTU Ph.D opens doors for students in various fields. A few of the job profiles are given below
Consideration is given to those students who are experiencing extreme financial difficulties as a result of sudden, unforeseen events.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs Scholarship (ST)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Scholarship (SC)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Department of Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses.
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) PhD Courses List
Ph.d (library and information science).
₹ 1,98,300 (3 Years)
Ph.D ( Mathematics)
Ph.d (physical education), ph.d (physics), ph.d (chemistry), other courses offered by visvesvaraya technological university (vtu), similar computer colleges view all.
KLS Gogte Institute of Technology
KLE Dr. M.S.Sheshgiri College of Engineering and Technology
Jain College of Engineering - JCE
KLEs College of Engineering and Technology
Angadi Institute of Technology and Management
Karnataka Law Societys Gogte Institute of Technology, [KLSGIT] Belgaum
Explore Nearby Colleges View All
Rani Channamma University
Maratha Mandal College of Pharmacy
KLE University, [KLEU] Belgaum
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research
Other Colleges under Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
IFIM Institutions, Bangalore
AIT - Acharya Institute of Technology
BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology
BMS Institute of Technology, [BMSIT] Bangalore
The National Institute of Engineering
Siddaganga Institute of Technology
RNS Institute of Technology
PES College of Engineering
Dayananda Sagar College Of Engineering
VTU Syllabus 2024: Download Subjects Wise PDFs
VTU Time Table 2023
Pallavi Pradeep Purbey
VTU MBA Syllabus 2023: Direct PDF Download Link
VTU MCA Syllabus 2023: Download PDF
VTU M.Tech Syllabus 2023: Download PDF
VTU Grading System 2023: Evaluation Criteria, Grade Point System
VTU Revaluation Results 2023: Notification, Form, Process
- FORMS / DOWNLOADS
- CSVTU STUDENT COUNCIL
- PREVIOUS WEBSITE
- ENROLL. DEFICIENCIES
- Hon’ble Vice Chancellor
- Hon’ble Pro Vice Chancellor
- University Values
- Academic Council
- Executive Council
- Finance Committee
- University Act
- Ordinances & Amendments
Public Relations Officer
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Industrial Safety & Fire Safety Engineering
- B.Tech (Honours)
- Structural Engineering
- Urban Planning
- Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
- Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering & Bioinformatics
- Microelectronics and VLSI
- Seniority List
- Academic Calendar
- Programs and Schemes
- Ph.D. Information
- CSVTU Journal
- Research & Development Promotional Schemes
- Adjunct Professors
- Institutes Notices
- Students Notices
- Principal & Director Notices
- Faculties Notices
- Equity Action Plan
- ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)
- Press Release
- Twinning Programme
- Internship Program
- TEQIP-Notices & Reports
- Team Member
- Contact Person
- Video Gallery
- Results (Reg/Supply)
- Result (RT)
- Results (RV)
- Results (RRV)
- Sports Committee
- Sports Notification
- Sports Activities
- Cultural / Other Activities
- Sports Photo Gallery
Easy to customize
Responsive, professional & modern multi-purpose theme, recruitment notice for the post of principal, professor, asst. professor, asso. professor & lecturer under statute-19 at rungta institute of pharmaceutical sciences, bhilai, aicte quality improvement scheme[aqis] 2021-22 financial support, m.tech/m.plan admissions 2020 at university teaching department,csvtu,newai,bhilai, important notification-suspicious email activities, exam help-line numbers during lock-down period, notification regarding ph.d course-work examination.
INFORMATION FOR JOURNAL READERS
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Swami vivekanand yuva kaushal setu.
SVYKS an initiative of CSVTU, launched for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).RPL focuses on enhancing the career/employability opportunities of an individual as well as provide alternative routes to higher education. It also envisages providing opportunities for reducing inequalities based on privileging certain forms of knowledge over others.
B.Pharm/B.E (7th Sem Regular/Backlog & 8th Sem Backlog) MOCK/TRAIL Exam Form Submission Link New Apply For MOCK/TRAIL Click Here User Manual to Fill Above Form Click Here
Note: This link is for the passed out candidates from session 2016-17 onwords.
Note: For the students passed out from the session 2005-2016, Degree will be appiled through SBI online payment.
GET A NO-RISK, FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Tel.: +91-788-2200062 Exam Helpline No. +91-788-2445035, Fax: +91-788-2445020
- Genesis of University
- Contact Details
- Results (RT)
- Grievance Cell
- Download Form
- Online Fee Payment
- Examination Time Table
- Raj Bhavan Chhattisgarh
- CG Government
Tips for using Outlook as your email and calendar service
16 Jan 2024
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Copy address link to clipboard
From: Division of Information Technology
Welcome back, students! As you know, Virginia Tech student email and calendar services have moved from Gmail to Microsoft Exchange Online.
While some of you may already be familiar with Exchange Online’s Outlook app, this is a big change for those of you who’ve used Gmail for years. Here are a few things to know:
- To access your Virginia Tech email, go to my.office365.vt.edu . Log in with your VT email address and passphrase and go to the Outlook app. Your email and calendar data are in there. Go here for help accessing Exchange Online on different devices.
- Emails that were in your Gmail inbox and your Google Calendar events are now in your Outlook inbox and calendar, respectively. Nothing in Gmail Trash was migrated.
- You still have a Google account through Virginia Tech. Your Google Drive and tools including Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc. are still available. You can access these at drive.google.com when logged into your VT account.
- In Google , the Gmail and Calendar apps have been turned off, as well as the Photos app. You will no longer see these in your Google account “waffle.”
- If you used labels in Gmail, things will look a little different in Outlook. Labeled email was put into folders, which serve a function similar to Gmail’s labels. Note that Exchange Online only allows an email to be sorted into one folder. In the migration, your email will have been sorted into folders corresponding with the first label retrieved during migration of each message.
- Keep an eye on your junk folder. Your new Outlook mailbox needs time and training to 'learn' to correctly identify legitimate email vs. junk email. Check your junk folder frequently, and mark emails that are legitimate (i.e., coming from a Virginia Tech department or sender you know) as ‘not junk.' This will help Outlook better sort your mail, and keep you in the loop for responses and opportunities that are important for you. Even if you don’t want to respond or take action on a specific message, if it is from a known sender it is better to mark it ‘not junk’ so that future emails you really do need make it to your inbox.
We understand that for many of you, using Exchange Online for email and calendars will take some getting used to. Here are some resources that may help:
- Accessing Your Virginia Tech Exchange Online Account
- Sharing an Exchange Online Calendar
- Viewing Another Person's Exchange Calendar
- How to Schedule a Meeting on Microsoft 365 (Teams, Outlook)
- Using Outlook: LinkedIn Learning video series
More resources are available here . You can find complete information about changes to student email and Google services on our website. For individual assistance, please contact 4Help .
- Campus Experience
- Division of Information Technology
- Google changes
- Graduate Students
- Information Technology
- University Operations