- Resumes Resume Builder Resume Templates Creative Resume Modern Resume Basic Resume Professional Resume Traditional Resume ATS Resume High School Student Resume Word Resume Resume Examples Resume Formats Hybrid Resume Functional Resume Chronological Resume How to Write a Resume Skills Summary --> Resume Objectives Work History List References Resume Skills
- Cover Letters Cover Letter Builder Cover Letter Templates Cover Letter Examples Cover Letter Formats How to Write a Cover Letter
- CV CV Templates
- Job Overviews
- Resources Career Guides How to Become
- Resume Builder
- Customer Service
Help Desk Technician
Help desk technician resume examples.
Help Desk Technicians provide support to end users by phone, on email or on site. The most successful resume samples for this job mention duties such as taking phone calls, answering to customer inquiries, diagnosing technical issues, running tests, troubleshooting equipment, and updating software. Based on our collection of resume examples, these professionals should demonstrate customer service orientation, strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to details, teamwork, and computer proficiency. Successful candidates hold at least a high school diploma and are offered on-the-job training.
Not exactly what you are looking for? Check our complete library of over 1000+ sample resumes
Rate This Template:
- Featured in:
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Handpicked by resume experts based on rigorous standards
Tailored for various backgrounds and experience levels
Looking for cover letter ideas? See our sample Help Desk Technician Cover Letter .
Find out what is the best resume for you in our Ultimate Resume Format Guide .
Help Desk Technician Resume Samples
No results found
year in workforce
year at this job
Operated as a service point-of-contact for help desk. Assisted users by diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving support tickets.
- Provided daily technical support for e-mail, network connectivity, peripheral equipment, and system maintenance.
- Deployed, maintained and operated numerous devices such as PCs, data projectors, iPads, smartphones, and sound systems.
- Assisted in the installing and maintenance of the networking infrastructure. Helped transition wireless network from hot-spots to 100% signal coverage by installing and upgrading switches, APs and routing Cat5 cable.
years in workforce
years at this job
Served two key clients of Sutherland, one that manufactured electronic devices for the consumer market and one that manufactured electro-mechanical devices for the consumer market. Provided inbound callers and e-mailers with technical support on behalf of these clients. (All client names proprietary.)
- Provided sales representatives of client that manufactured electronic devices with technical support on Microsoft Outlook, printers, and network connections. Responded to inbound calls.
- Provided customers of client that manufactured electro-mechanical devices with technical support on these devices. Responded to inbound calls and e-mails.
- Consistently demonstrated comprehensive product knowledge and represented both of these key Sutherland clients enthusiastically and professionally.
- Successfully managed a demanding workload in responding to telephone calls and e-mails.
- Consistently provided superior quality, timely problem-solving to callers and e-mailers.
- Contributed to call center team productivity and customer satisfaction by serving as an escalation point for technical issues other help desk technicians were resolving for their callers.
- Earned a reputation for genuine desire to provide outstanding assistance to callers and for patience, always demonstrating empathy for the problems callers were facing, and the ability to effectively diffuse situations involving callers under pressure.
- Received a Five-Year Award for excellent service to Sutherland and its clients.
Computer Science And Mathematics
Senior Help Desk Technician
Provide technical and troubleshooting support to faculty, staff and students on hardware and software
- Researched and implemented new imaging processes for Windows 8 machines
- Led documentation efforts to ensure ease of access to critical information
- Handled 10+ technical/mission critical calls daily for 1500+ users and 500+ computers
Regulary provided efficient technical support over the phone and network
- Provided dial in support for 1100+ stores to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Responsible for dispatching and logging technical calls to the proper support areas.
- Managed multiple networking protocols, installed routers and configured IP addresses.
- Created training instructions on retrieving data, and shipping and tracking logs.
- Supervised daily retrieval of sales data.
IT Help Desk Technician
- Provided Macintosh, PC, printer, and networking end user technical support for law school students, faculty, and staff in person, via email, and via telephone
- Promptly logged and updated status and progress of projects in support ticketing systems
- Assisted supervisor as part of the interview committee to hire a fourth student Help Desk technician. Trained new hire from 09/2012-09/2013 in Help Desk systems, procedures, and etiquette
- Significantly improved to nearly 100% the likelihood of the Help Desk’s ability to provide a clean, freshly updated Macintosh or PC laptop for use as a loner or by supervisors at any given time
- Performed hardware and software troubleshooting, maintenance, and installation as required by supervisor, students, staff, or faculty
- Created and maintained all Help Desk forms and signage including 2012 and 2013 Macintosh and PC annual technology guides for students
- Assisted in daily maintenance and support of Law Library and Help Desk copiers, printers, and computers
months at this job
Digital Media Arts
Assist user with ADP Drive application from Account, Sales, Service and part functions.
- Installed and configured printer, workstation, scanner and point of sale devices.
- Created user manuals and provided technical support sessions for new employees.
- Setting up of conference facilities (video and tele-conference), and providing technical support.
Analyzed and troubleshot computer support problems as well as apply knowledge of software, hardware products and services to resolve problems of users.
- Implemented and tested new software as well as upgraded existing software.
- Provided second level support to internal help desk to solve user concerns with specific applications.
- Assisted in software selection and development of procedures provided support for software, printing, and network access issues.
Management Information Systems
Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues, documented help desk tickets/solutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists
- Provided computer help desk support via telephone, face to face and remote desktop communication with end-users utilizing customer service techniques and strong communication skills
- Prioritized and escalate issues where required
- Installed operating systems, software, antivirus and patches, and peripherals for users to ensure optimal performance
- Provided technical training on hardware/software for new and existing users
- Created help desk documentation with step by step instructions on problem solving techniques
- Resolved technical problems with Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and other systems
Information Tech Specialist
Provide technical support to customers regarding service issues on telephone, email and through tickets
- Analyze and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Create help desk documentation with step by step instructions on problem resolving techniques.
- Managed and successfully assisted in creating and reactivating over two thousand six hundred different unclassified user accounts, along with two hundred classified user accounts. Processed over one thousand two hundred service desk trouble call tickets and coordinating with over ten various departments at Joint Base Lewis McCord's Network Enterprise Center.
- Maintained a Secret Clearance to obtain classified documents, and handle government equipment.
- Managed remedy system to create all, source of trouble ticket to satisfy customers tech issues.
- Responsible for over, one million dollar government equipment's such as computer laptops, printers, and scanners.
Worked as a contractor to EDS to support the ATF
- Installed and configured software and drivers
- Diagnosed and repaired Operating System problems.
- Administered user's rights, memberships, and access in Active Directory.
- Diagnosed and corrected first level networking issues.
- Diagnosed and corrected first level wireless networking issues.
- Diagnosed, assigned, and monitored hardware repairs.
High School Diploma
Created documentation and generated reports for all troubleshooting procedures, as well as common and reoccurring PC application, OS and hardware as well as final repairs for multiple clients.
- Worked with PC manufacturers to support and replace when necessary both warrantied and non-warrantied system hardware.
- Provide both level 1 and 2 support for on-site and remote clientele troubleshooting both application and OS related software issues.
- Application support includes Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office 365, Filemaker Pro, Cisco Call Manager, and Toshiba TopAccess.
- Responsible for setting up network print devices, which included setup both from a hardware perspective as well as configured devices on print servers and client side configuration.
- Provided end-user support on user-accounts using Active Directory to troubleshoot and reset passwords.
Main responsibilities included the day -to -day operations of the helpdesk.
- Hours of operation (7am-7pm) ran on a rotation schedule 7 days a week within the helpdesk staff.
Provided computer help desk support via telephone communications with end-users.
- Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues, documented help desk tickets/resolutions using Trackit, and maintained equipment inventory lists with excel.
Computer Networking Systems
- Closed over 800 job tickets using the Remedy ticketing system which also includes following up with costumers to ensure jobs were completed to their satisfaction
- Managed the work schedule for the night shift
- Imaged over 2000 computers to adhere to ACC Network baseline security measures
- Sent daily report to management to evaluate and acknowledge the previous day/nights events
- Trained incoming personnel on help desk responsibilities and security practices
- Created a continuity books that contains procedures for over 30 common help desk problems
Associate of Science
Provided Tier 1 support for hardware and software related issues
- Installed and configured hardware, including workstations, printers, phones, server UPSs, etc.
- Installed and configured various workstation software
- Interacted with hardware and software vendors to resolve issues
- Monitored server and device logs for unusual activity and reported suspicious traffic to management
- Created and maintained workstation documentation
- Maintained the IT asset database and tracked hardware
- Performed software updates and patches
Computer Network Specialist
Provide telephone or electronic 1st-level technical support for the determination, resolution, or escalation of technical problems related to Windows environments and Windows applications, electronic mail, enterprise applications and databases, security issues, desktop hardware/software, server hardware/software, and production equipment related issues.
- Troubleshoots problems using remote desktop control products where possible and documents all services provided
- Interacts with customers with a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department
- Uses verbal and written communications to demonstrate a customer-focused attitude when dealing with customers
- Uses the Support Center ticket database (Service Center) to open and track tickets
- Resolves problems at 1st level at least 60% of the time
- Escalate open tickets when necessary to a 2nd-level Technician
Associate of Applied Science
- Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues, documented help desk tickets/resolutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists.
- Hands-on experience in responding, tracking, and following up to telephone, emails and end user requests for support
- Experienced with Remedy trouble ticketing System
- Create, update, monitor and assign Remedy tickets
Early Childhood Education
Provided Telecom help desk support via telephone communications with end-users
- Experience providing customer support in busy call center environments
- Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues, documented help desk tickets/resolutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists
- Perform various administrative duties such as compile literature, prepare mailing labels and envelopes, and disburse via postal service
Distributed maintenance, repair, upgrades, enhancements, and configuration of hardware, software and operating systems in a networked environment.
- Performed complex technical analysis and work effectively in a team environment.
- Performed a microcomputer installation and maintenance and microcomputer software installation and configuration
- Supported client configuration, and network access in Microsoft or other systems
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and use of a wide range of COTS (Commercial Off-The Shelf) desktop software and hardware in a networked environment
- Identified issues relating to the use of technology that are affecting clients and advises appropriate personnel.
- Worked individually and within teams to develop solutions that improve the use of technology within Baltimore City Police Department
- Participated in department-wide projects such as hardware/software rollouts, office moves, etc.
International Studies / Economics
- Supervised a team of 5 student technicians
- Created and implemented tracking process to improve efficiency of trouble ticket processing
- Provided Disaster Recovery analysis and suggestions to Network Team, CIO, and VP's of College
- Interviewing various administrative business units regarding ongoing Disaster Recovery efforts
- Lead training sessions/enhancements for students, faculty, and staff
- Published training manuals for instructors to help them better understand instructional technology capabilities
- Produced instructional videos as visual aides to assist instructors in learning objectives
Provided help desk support to via telephone communications and remote desktop with end-users
- Performed diagnostics and trouble shooting of system issues, documented help desk tickets/resolutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve a range of software, hardware and connectivity issues.
- Create help desk documentation with step by step instructions or techniques
- Experience with Active Directory
- Assist in the implementation of software along with performing software upgrades
Multi-vendor Help Desk Technician
- Supported multiple consumer vendors and provided multiple tiers of support.
- Troubleshooting involved all versions of windows and mac OS.
- Primary focus on advanced malware removals and resolving system performance problems.
- Large scope of support. Handling most all technical issues than can be resolved using remote utilities or phone support.
- Fast paced technical work. 3-5 remote sessions active at all times, 80+ calls daily.
Provide troubleshooting by accurately assessing the customer's product issue and utilizing the best avenue to resolve the problem.
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues, documented help desk tickets/resolutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists.
- Manage hardware capacity and performance and assess hardware needs.
- Providing computer help desk support via telephone communications with end-users.
- Provide appropriate personnel a precise understanding of user's issues when the problem needs to be escalated to a higher level.
Project Lead for the Shearers acquisition, responsible for connecting all five facilities to the Utz network.
- Spearhead the Technical Services website functionality using a desk.com layout.
- Create macros for analysts to construe data for writing reports.
- Orchestrate the setup of new computers for employees by formatting and installing the appropriate
- Provide technical support for over 800 employees troubleshooting printers, phones, computers, and
- Communicate with various 3rd party cable and telephone companies to resolve network connectivity
- Collaborate with Help Desk team by aiding in the resolution of new issues presented to the team.
Provided computer help desk support with end-users.
- Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues, documented help desk tickets/resolutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists in a training environment.
- Assisted in the roll-out of over 20 Desktop computer systems.
- Performed memory upgrades, re-installation of operating systems.
More Help Desk Technician Resumes
Help desk technician resume success stories, more jobhero resources, create your own professional resume in just minutes..
Try our resume builder today
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
Help Desk Resume Example
- Help Desk Team Leader
- ICT Manager
- Intranet Manager
- IT Assistant
- Installer Resumes
- Interior Design
- International Resumes
- Inventory Management
Use this help desk resume example as a model and guide while you draft your own document and make your case to potential employers. As you create your profile, you’ll start with a strong summary that highlights your ability to solve technical problems and sort out issues for both internal company users and customers or vendors accessing the system from the outside. As a help desk candidate, you need to show off your technical expertise and your people skills, which means you’ll rely on clear communication and effective organization and formatting. Every detail matters, so don’t miss a single opportunity to show off and stand out.
Resume Tips for Help Desk
If you are looking for jobs as a help desk technician, it is important to refine your job-seeking skills. With effort, you should be able to discover the right opportunities and find a job. To help you throughout your search, use the following tips.
1. Network. Contact friends, family, and previous co-workers. Ask them if they have any leads on jobs. You should also maintain an active presence on social media sites like LinkedIn. This will help you connect with more people and find jobs as a help desk technician.
2. Create a job-searching plan. Determine what you need to do each day to find a job. Set goals to help you succeed. It may be helpful to think outside of the box and determine new ways to find a job.
3. Follow up regularly. Consistent follow up is an effective way to communicate your interest in a job. It also keeps you on the mind of an employer.
4. Keep a positive attitude. Looking for a job is often discouraging, and it can take time. Positivity will help you while you network and interview.
5. Understand your options. You are probably qualified for jobs in the same field where you previously worked. There may also be jobs you are qualified for in other industries.
Create My Resume
- Help Desk Operations
- Help desk support
- Helpdesk services
- Helpdesk administration
- Helpdesk call support
- Helpdesk support
- Helpdesk operations
- Self-help skills development
- Service desk oversight
Help Desk Advice
When you are searching for jobs as a help desk technician, it is important to create an appealing resume. Your resume should highlight your top skills and accomplishments so that a prospective employer easily understands why you are right for the job. You can use the following tips to help you.
1. Avoid large clumps of text and long paragraphs. Instead, divide the resume into sections. You can also use bullet points, lists, and bolded titles so that your resume is easy to read and scan.
2. Resumes can be longer than one page, especially if you have a lot of work experience. Limit the resume to two pages unless you are a doctor or work in academics.
3. When looking for jobs as a help desk technician, proofread your resume multiple times to look for errors. Spelling mistakes, grammar problems, and formatting issues can be distracting to a hiring manager. They often decrease your chances of landing a job.
4. The top section of your resume should highlight your accomplishments and skills. Use this as an opportunity to sell your abilities.
5. Always be honest on a resume. Although it can be tempting to lie to land an interview, the truth usually comes out.
Help Desk Job Seeking Tips
As a help desk professional, you’ll provide customer assistance that will help users troubleshoot problems with their software or electronic equipment. The resume examples we’ve compiled will help you craft an appropriate resume for help desk jobs. Take advantage of the job-specific resume examples to get a head start on building your own job-winning resume. It’s a fast and easy way to get started on a resume you–and potential employers–can be proud of.
Front desk coordinator @ jake belitz.
Aspiring to obtain a job as a sales manager as a Marketing major. I believe that customer satisfaction is the key to building relationships and connections. The more exposure I have to customers, the ...
Experience: 5 yrs 11 mo
Front Desk Agent @ Hampton Inn By Hilton
Positive, hardworking, and self-driven professional with 20 years proven ability of leading highly motivated teams focused on delivering excellent customer service in high- volume food & bevera...
Experience: 26 yrs 8 mo
Help Desk Coordinator/IT Specialist @ Ponce Health Sciences University
Experience: 14 yrs 10 mo
Hotel Desk Clerk @ Travelodge By Wyndham
Meticulous guy with strong background in guest service environments and construction and landscaping. Adaptable, energetic and customer-oriented individual with exceptional listening skills. Devoted t...
Experience: 2 yrs 7 mo
Front Desk Agent/Housekeeping Attendant @ Best western
Motivated [Job Title] with talent for coordinating guest services. Proactive with history of managing multiple tasks in various areas with specialties in conflict resolution, team coordination and cus...
Experience: 3 yrs 10 mo
Articles to Help you Write the Perfect Resume
- IT Resume Examples
- Top Skills To Include in an IT Resume
- Resume Writing Tips for IT Professionals
- All Information Technology Resumes
*As seen in :
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
The World's Smartest Resume Builder
Home Resume Examples Help Desk Resume
Help Desk Resume Sample
December 16, 2020 | By the Resume Genius Team | Reviewed by Samuel Johns, CPRW
Help desk agents need great technical skills to resolve hardware and software issues as well as great interpersonal skills to courteously deal with users. Learn how to present your skills, experience, and certifications with our help desk resume sample.
Looking for a different template style? Browse our complete resume template library .
Examples Related to a Help Desk Resume
- Help Desk Cover Letter
Technical Support Resume
- IT Project Manager Resume
Help Desk Resume Template (Text Format)
Remember to choose the best resume format for your professional background .
IT Help Desk Specialist with 6+ years of hands-on experience delivering technical support, managing IT operations, and supporting users with a variety of technical issues. Skilled in aligning end-user needs with long- term resolutions to complex IT challenges.
IT Help Desk Specialist, Fargo, ND / August 2016–present
- Conduct troubleshooting to resolve IT-related and application issues for 2,000+ users
- Consistently meet call handling goals by closing an average of 47 calls per day with an 80% first call resolution ratio
- Developed and implemented an efficient ticketing system to monitor incoming service desk tickets, track incidents, and troubleshoot issues
- Provide clients with information on available upgrades and troubleshoot computer-related problems for internal and external clients
- Administer all aspects of active directory group policy such as creating and managing end-user accounts using active directory
TIE NATIONAL, LLC.
IT Help Desk Specialist, Aurora, IL / July 2013–August 2016
- Diagnosed and resolved a range of software, hardware, and connectivity issues while delivering technical training on hardware/software to end-users
- Acted as a single point-of-contact for managing telecommunications, data networking, and other technology services from installation to maintenance
- Delivered IT support to multi-million dollar corporations and franchises remotely and by dispatching subcontractors into the field
- Grew franchise account base by 20%, working directly with franchise owners
- Repaired emergency networking issues with 24/7 remote support to avoid potential loss of revenue for franchises and corporations
LOS MEDANOS JUNIOR COLLEGE, Pittsburgh, CA
Associate of Computer Science, May 2011
- Honors: cum laude (GPA: 3.6/4.0)
• Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) • Proficient in helpdesk ticket system such as Service Now, Remedy, and Manage Engine • Understanding of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN technologies
How to write a help desk resume
Learning how to put together a resume for the specific job(s) you want will help you land more interviews.
If you can maintain a courteous attitude while troubleshooting customers’ technical issues, you’re a great match for a help desk support job.
But first, you need to present your qualifications in a well-written resume to show employers you‘re what they’re looking for.
Unsure how to write a help desk resume? Follow these three tips to write a help desk resume that’s sure to get noticed:
Highlight your help desk resume skills
As part of a help desk support team, you’ll spend your time offering technical support to customers. So advanced computer skills are needed to use software and perform diagnostics.
You should have a good mix of hard and soft skills to help customers resolve technical issues. To show employers you meet their requirements, your relevant technical skills should be highlighted in your resume skills section .
Because this is a service-oriented role, prove you’re a well-rounded candidate by emphasizing any customer service skills you’ve picked up in past roles. For example, patience and communication skills complement your technical training.
Here’s a list of key help desk resume skills:
- Time management skills
- People skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Help desk reporting systems
- Web support
- Software upgrades
- Diagnosing software issues
- Portal server software ( Apache HTTP Server )
- Operating systems ( Microsoft Windows Server , Linux , and Oracle Solaris )
- Program testing software
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software ( Salesforce )
- Project management software ( Microsoft SharePoint , Microsoft Project, and Confluence )
Open with a strong help desk resume summary
As long as there are customers, there’s always a need for help desk support staff. But you can expect many others with an IT or computer science degree to be vying for the same position. So lead with a strong resume summary to ensure your job application gets shortlisted for an interview.
This section of your resume summarizes your qualifications, aligning your skills and experiences to the job to make employers interested in learning more about you.
Keep it clear and concise, including only relevant information and emphasizing your most outstanding accomplishments from similar roles.
Here’s an effective help desk resume summary example:
IT Help Desk Specialist with 6+ years of hands-on experience delivering technical support, managing IT operations, and supporting users with a variety of technical issues. Skilled in aligning end-user needs with long-term resolutions to complex IT challenges.
Pair your resume with a strong help desk cover letter
To ensure your job application leaves a lasting impression on a hiring manager, write an outstanding help desk cover letter to further explain why you’re the perfect person for the job.
Here’s how to write a strong help desk cover letter :
- Use standard cover letter formatting : A conventional cover letter includes an introduction, at least two body paragraphs, and a conclusion
- Express excitement for the opportunity: Employers want to work with people who are genuinely happy to be there because job satisfaction translates to a good work ethic and high productivity
- Avoid wordiness: the best cover letters are usually 200–350 words in length
- Include an impressive accomplishment that highlights key help desk skills. For example, resolved an average of 47 customer queries per day.
More Help Desk Resumes, Cover Letters, & CVs:
- Computer Technician Resume
- Cyber Security Resume
- Data Engineer Resume
- Database Administrator Resume
- Desktop Support Resume
- Entry Level Cyber Security Resume
- Entry Level Help Desk Resume
- IT Director Resume
- Cyber Security Cover Letter
- Data Scientist Cover Letter
- Information Technology (IT) Cover Letter
- IT Project Manager Cover Letter
- System Administrator Cover Letter
- Technical Cover Letter
Click to rate this article
54+ Resume Objective Examples & Writing Help
October 20, 2022 | By Aaron Case, CPRW
How to Make a Resume for a Job in 2023
February 3, 2023 | By Conrad Benz
45+ Resume Summary Examples (& How to Write)
January 27, 2022 | By Conrad Benz
30+ Best Resume Tips to Help You Land a Job
August 18, 2022 | By Conrad Benz
112+ Job Skills for Your Resume: List & Examples
December 21, 2022 | By Corissa Peterson
Resume Paper: 5+ Best Resume Paper Types
February 16, 2022 | By Nick Herschel
The Best Resume Format in 2023
February 3, 2023 | By Ida Pettersson
- Resume Templates
February 4, 2023 | By Geoffrey Scott, CPRW
- Resume Builder
- Resume Examples
- How to Make a Resume
- Resume Format
- Resume Summary Generator
- Resume Help
Cover Letter Tools
- Cover Letter Builder
- Cover Letter Templates
- Cover Letter Examples
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Cover Letter Format
- Cover Letter Help
- What Is a CV?
- How to Write a CV
- CV Templates
- CV Examples
- Thank You Note Samples & Templates
- Resignation Letter Samples
- Letter of Recommendation Templates
- Business Letter Formats
- Career Advice
- Forgot Password
- Terms & Conditions
© 2023, Sonaga Tech Limited. All rights reserved
ResumeGenius.com is owned and operated by Sonaga Tech Limited, Hamilton, Zweigniederlassung Luzern with offices in Luzern Switzerland.
Helpdesk Technician Resume Sample
The resume builder.
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
- Deploy of new PC's, laptops, software and peripheral equipment
- Ability and desire toward learning The Company's technology, support policies, and methods
- Ability and desire toward learning organization's Healthcare's technology, support policies, and methods
- Abide by organization's policies and procedures
- Attempts to answer all questions
- Problem solving: the individual identifies and resolves basic user and technical problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Customer service: the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments
- Use discretion when dealing with sensitive or confidential data
- Create technical product documentation for hardware/software installations, troubleshooting techniques and problem resolution
- Helps determine technical needs of supported systems
- Participates as a team member on projects
- Perform basic computer builds and configuration for new hires
- Installation and configuration of operating system(s), desktop applications and security/antivirus related software
- Deploy new computer equipment, including workstations and printers
- Support basic Microsoft related technologies such as Windows OS, Office and Exchange,
- WinForm application understanding
- SQL basics (services and users)
- Operating System understanding (windows, macOS, etc.)
- Outlook organization and communications skills
- Ability and desire toward learning Healthcare's technology, support policies, and methods
- Provide primary technical support for proprietary systemand related hardware
- Strong desktop support skills, including Windows XP and Windows 7
- Excellent Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong documentation skills required
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to manage priorities and workflow while providing accurate documentation and accountability
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven ability to use the tools at hand to research and resolve problems
- Demonstrate excellent customer service & communication skills
- Strong team orientation with excellent written and communications skills
- Strong technical writing skills including technical diagramming using flowcharts, data flow diagrams and other applicable documentation methods
How to write Helpdesk Technician Resume
Helpdesk Technician role is responsible for customer, troubleshooting, organizational, technical, windows, microsoft, communications, software, mac, listening. To write great resume for helpdesk technician job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Helpdesk Technician Resume
The section contact information is important in your helpdesk technician resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Helpdesk Technician Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your helpdesk technician resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to. This section, however, is not just a list of your previous helpdesk technician responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular helpdesk technician position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Helpdesk Technician resume experience can include:
- Strong organization skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Good technical support skills to assist and troubleshoot non-technical users on a variety of operating systems, hardware, devices, software and environments
- Strong analytical, technical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and customer service orientation skills
- Solid experience using MS Office, with good knowledge in Excel and Access
- Provide high level of customer service, while maintaining good organizational and communication skills
Education on a Helpdesk Technician Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your helpdesk technician resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your helpdesk technician experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Helpdesk Technician Resume
When listing skills on your helpdesk technician resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there's a list of typical helpdesk technician skills:
- Skill in effectively prioritizing assignments and tasks
- Be able to communicate effectively to users and IT members to help understand or effectively troubleshoot issues or requests as they are submitted
- Communicate clearly and effectively with both oratory and written skills
- Good decision-making & problem solving skills
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Windows 7, 8, 8.1, & 10 administration, installation, and troubleshooting skills
List of Typical Experience For a Helpdesk Technician Resume
Experience for it helpdesk technician resume.
- Strong Mac OSX 10.9 and 10.10+ skills
- Solid Windows 7 skills in a support role
- Customer-oriented strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills are necessary to relay technical information to non-technical users
- · Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in telephone usage and effective communication skills
Experience For Senior Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Mac OS skills in troubleshooting
- Help desk/call center experience or IT customer-facing experience
- Experience in IT or an equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Proven experience as a Helpdesk technician or other customer support role
- Enhanced problem-solving skills to get to the core of the incident for faster resolution
- Prior experience working with diverse cultures and different time zones
- Demonstrated ability to meet priority assignments and task deadlines
- Min 2-3 years of experience in IT or an equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Update and maintain skills in use of current technology and information management systems
Experience For MPS Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Effectively communications with users in resolving issues as measured by customer satisfaction
- Prior Tier I help desk experience
- Some experience with Word, Powerpoint, SAP, and Excel, strongly desired
- Keep good communication with end-users and provide ongoing training
- Provide a value added experience with outstanding customer service
Experience For IT / Technology Services Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Experience troubleshooting VOIP
- Experience with HelpDesk or call tracking software required
- Proven problem solving is essential
- Experience working with PC hardware and software
- Handle multiple and changing priorities with confidence
- Experience providing first line response in a very customer centric way
Experience For Junior Helpdesk Technician / Installer Resume
- Experience with current Windows operating systems, configuration with the ability to train users in their operation
- Preferably 1-4 yrs. Experienced Employees specializing in IT/Computer - Hardware or equivalent
- Experience tracking user account creation/termination requests, and reset requests
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment is required in order to meet aggressive schedules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and strong technical knowledge of current Windows operating systems required
- Experience with Helpdesk ticket tracking software and knowledge of remote desktop support tools such as RDP, VNC, etc
- Correctly prioritizing tickets as needed (Low, Normal, High, Urgent, Critical)
Experience For Helpdesk Technician Level Resume
- Experience providing desktop support for Microsoft Office Suite 2010,2013, 2016
- Perform diagnostics and resolution. Escalates high priority requests and unresolved issues to the appropriate resources within IT
- Three to five years Customer Service and/or Customer Contact Center experience
- Advanced Computer and Application experience
- Identify technical issue, resolve if within skill set and escalate to the appropriate team, if necessary
- As time permits, follow up with prior assisted customers to ensure total customer satisfaction was accomplished
Experience For Online Helpdesk Technician Resume
- HelpDesk Technician experience
- 6+ Months of Help Desk experience
- Experience in desktop support roles – both over the phone and in person
- Establishes and maintains effective lines of communication with end-users throughout the lifecycle of their issue or service request
- Verify that the computer labs are available and in good working order
Experience For Junior Internal IT / Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Experience diagnosing problems remotely
- Supervise the good implementation of repairs and check the correct operation of the products after intervention
- Analyze and prioritize issues to minimize customer “”down time”” due to computer hardware or software failures
- Relevant help desk and/or technical support experience, preferably with an A+ or Network+ certification
- Advanced troubleshooting/repair experience to include printer repair, phone systems, client anti-virus issues, and connectivity issues
- Experience with Active Directory, administration, the creation of user accounts, and Internet email
- Work in a supportive, fast-paced team environment with a strong commitment to accountability
- Strong desire to serve with excellence
Experience For Helpdesk Technician, Co-op Resume
- Technical knowledge of PC, desktop hardware, and internal components. Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Support experience within a Mac-based environment and the ability to implement both Mac and PC workstation upgrades and support
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for
- Provide excellent customer service performing basic troubleshooting of computers and other related devices in person or via remote computer access and phone
- Experience working a service desk or in a help desk setting
- Monitor ticketing system and take ownership of unowned tickets, prioritize by severity and date/time received
Experience For Tier Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Knowledge of and/or experience supporting Windows and MS Office products
- Team player, self-motivated, organized, detail oriented and able to handle changing priorities
- Experience responding to technical trouble tickets
- IT Phone Support experience
- Previous successful customer service experience is considered an advantage
- One year experience in an end user support environment
- Experience as an IT Specialist or related position in an office environment
- Provide excellent services through phone to IT users for basic end user related hardware's and software's, desktop related LAN network systems
- Technology experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
List of Typical Skills For a Helpdesk Technician Resume
Skills for it helpdesk technician resume.
- Skill in providing technical assistance, guidance and training to customers of varying levels of skills and expertise
- Soft skills that include critical thinking, excellent oral and written communication and active listening
- Excellent MS Office 2010, 2013, & 2016 administration, installation, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent PC Desktop/Laptop hardware installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on business process mapping and the ability to apply system solutions to business problem
- Demonstrated effective experience in troubleshooting issues of a technical nature
- Strong communications skills and pleasant phone demeanor are essential
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment but work independently as well
- Able to effectively prioritize, multitask and cross-train other team members
Skills For Senior Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Reviewing all incidents opened to ensure priorities are correct (accurately classifying, prioritizing and recording the service requests)
- Typing and communications skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- · Incredible troubleshooting skills that leverage critical thinking
- Provide permanent solutions to users by effectively diagnosing issues or when necessary escalate recurring issues to work towards a permanent solution
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships
- Solid experience with operating systems like OSX and PC
- Prior experience working as a Tier I or Tier II Helpdesk Technician
- Prior experience working within the Intelligence Community
Skills For MPS Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for purposes of travel to branch office locations
- At least one year of experience in IT support, or other experience demonstrating a desire to enter this career path
- Intermediate networking skills such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, PowerShell; Can troubleshoot network connectivity problems
- Basic desktop/software troubleshooting skills
- Experience in a Technical Support and/or Systems Administration function or an equivalent combination of work experience and education
Skills For IT / Technology Services Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Verify that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal and/or email follow-up
- Experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Address support tickets assigned based on priority/urgency in an efficient, effective and timely manner
- Communication skills for timely and regular interaction with all involved parties
- Applies job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity
- Able to communicate thoughts effectively; Agile and interactive
- Strong IT helpdesk experience
- Effectively escalates issues and problems that are not resolvable, to ensure business needs are met quickly
Skills For Junior Helpdesk Technician / Installer Resume
- Effectively communicate technical issues, risks, and approaches to customers and co-workers at all levels
- Effectively manage customers under stress
- Experienced in providing customer service and strong telephone etiquette with previous helpdesk support is required
- Exceptional customer service communications skills
- Answering inquiries received at the Help Desk and accurately classifying, prioritizing and recording the service requests into Zendesk Ticketing system
Skills For Helpdesk Technician Level Resume
- Building customer trust and value by providing a quality experience on every contact
- Working closely with our global helpdesk and Infrastructure teams to design and deploy an effective enterprise Mac infrastructure
- Enterprise printing/faxing/scanning hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience designing, specifying, and developing solutions for complex heterogeneous computing infrastructure
- Experience coordinating, tracking and performing system testing
- Experience setting up/rebuilding Windows machines and transferring/saving user profiles and data
Skills For Online Helpdesk Technician Resume
- 1) Experience setting up desktop and laptops to include imaging and configuring
- Demonstrates competence in compiling data to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping and other records
- Experience producing and delivering end user documentation as well face-to-face and online training and presentations
- Experience supporting, deploying, imaging Windows 7
- Answer inquiries received at the Help Desk and accurately classifying, prioritizing, and recording the service requests
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving PC hardware and software issues (including Microsoft Office)
- Good understanding of networking principals, including TCP/IP
- 3) Strong understanding of connectivity issues in understanding of cabling connections to devices
- Basic telephony and networking troubleshooting experience
Skills For Junior Internal IT / Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Experience working in a higher education computing department
- Experience providing computing support services within an enterprise level helpdesk
- Experience testing and evaluating software for quality control and proper operations
- Experience recommending hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades
- Experience using tracking systems such as Remedy
- Strong technical understanding of technology, including various hardware, software and network systems
Skills For Helpdesk Technician, Co-op Resume
- Ensures timely resolution/referral of user problems by understanding the impact to the user and by assigning an appropriate priority
- Responds to High and Critical priority tickets/projects according to standard operating procedures
- Experience formatting and configuring iPhones and iPads for reuse
- Experience providing desktop support for Windows and Mac OSX Operating Systems
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems Win XP to Windows 10
- Good understanding of Group Policies and troubleshooting of them
- · Experience supporting web based applications using multiple browser bases (required)
Skills For Tier Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Development of reporting processes to inform management and help decision-making about support activities, priorities and performance
- Answer inbound contacts with effectiveness and efficiency pertaining to products and solutions of GTS Services acheiving a case resolution of 95%
- Technical troubleshooting experience
- Video Conferencing systems experience desired
- Experience supporting end users in local and wide area networks
- Experience troubleshooting desktop or mobile systems, workstations, and network issues in a heterogeneous environment
- Coordinate the testing of assigned core software releases prior to installation
List of Typical Responsibilities For a Helpdesk Technician Resume
Responsibilities for it helpdesk technician resume.
- Verify that solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up
- Roughly a year of prior experience in a help desk environment
- Phone skills, training, verbal communication, and coaching
- Skill in installing, configuring, maintaining and trouble-shooting personal computers, related equipment and software applications
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting video conferencing systems (Blue Jeans, Cisco, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of core applications including Windows 10, Microsoft Office, imaging tool, Active Directory
- Experience with firewall concepts and technologies, including VPN, Routing, NAT Translations, Content Filtering and so on
- Experience installing and configuring Windows 7, 8, & 10, networked and local printers, and business applications
Responsibilities For Senior Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Experience supporting and repairing hardware such as desktops, laptops, keyboards, printers, mobile devices, iPad and tablets, etc
- Experience troubleshooting in a Windows 7 operating systems
- Strong professional and technical writing ability
- Strong understanding of current computer, telephonic and mobile technology
- Experience within an IT department providing 1st line support
- Experience troubleshooting applications
- Experience professionally supporting technologies such as Microsoft office, Windows, and MAC
- Experience with LAN and Cabling
- Experience troubleshooting Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite
Responsibilities For MPS Helpdesk Technician Resume
- 3) Experience supporting applications i.e. password resets, connectivity issues
- ) of experience with providing technical support to end users
- Three or more years of experience with Microsoft administration, Microsoft Exchange and network infrastructure
- Resolves work orders. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support group for resolution
- Strong Network and PC/Mac knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, etc.), Adobe applications, Windows 7/10
- Experience as a Help Desk Technician or equivalent
Responsibilities For IT / Technology Services Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Provide Support for less experienced members of the team
- Work with the local office technical support teams to prioritize and optimize response times to customer service requests across the region
- Elevate complex and/or high priority problems to senior team members or the appropriate support groups for resolution
- Relevant experience
- Active directory experience REQUIRED
Responsibilities For Junior Helpdesk Technician / Installer Resume
- IT HelpDesk experience, preferably in the Telecom Industry
- One or two years experience in Information Technology
- AV: Cisco Gear experience
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other technical products
- Good understanding of Windows 10
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2016 applications, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in resolving virus and malware issues
- Basic experience configuring printers
Responsibilities For Helpdesk Technician Level Resume
- Experience with managing Office365 and Active Directory users
- Excellent knowledge of PC based hardware and software systems
- Experience with US Air Force Systems
- Previous experience in a customer service and/or IT support environment
- Previous technical support and customer service experience
Responsibilities For Online Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Remote support help desk experience
- Desired: Experience with Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, VMware ESX or HyperV
- Typically require 2-5 years of related experience
- Combination of education and experience, okay
- Multitask and prioritize a busy workload
- Experience in a computer/tech engineer role
- Mentoring and training Level 1 technicians along with making sure they are following all procedures and SLA’s are being met
Responsibilities For Junior Internal IT / Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Logging, categorizing and actioning all incoming ticket activity in the Helpdesk application
- Understanding of Active Directory (creating accounts, deleting accounts, resetting passwords)
- Maintaining operating software, including OS, applications, library versions, etc
- Providing system performance tuning and monitoring the server system logs, messages, and alerts
- Supporting users via phone and remotely in regards to their technical issues while documenting in ServiceNow ticketing system
- Correlating and documenting recurring incidents and incident resolution
- Following up on any outstanding issues with customers regarding status and closure of incidents/requests
- Maintaining and upgrading computers utilizing SCCM
- Assisting with automation of onboarding and offboarding processes
Responsibilities For Helpdesk Technician, Co-op Resume
- Working knowledge and understanding of Google Apps
- Assisting in the day-to-day systems operation, analysis and troubleshooting
- Directing the installation, testing and setup of new hardware and software
- Coordinating the process for IT hardware/software procurement and distribution along with managing all inventory
- Processing software's and hardware's by coordinating user setups, installations and upgrades
- Working with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Checking the queue for tickets that have come in after other shifts have ended and working tickets that can be worked
- Multitasking expertise and ability to track multiple ongoing projects or problems at once
Responsibilities For Tier Helpdesk Technician Resume
- Imaging and ghosting PC's
- Collaborating on Mac networking challenges
- Bring in senior IT Staff as needed to resolve issues
- Determining whether the problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone
- Providing an escalation point for all requests, incidents, and problems to Level 1 technicians
Related to Helpdesk Technician Resume Samples
Automation technician resume sample, helpdesk resume sample, helpdesk manager resume sample, web consultant resume sample, oracle manager resume sample, consultant solution resume sample, resume builder.
- College Majors
- Job Search Advice
- Resume Examples
- Administrative Resumes
- Help Desk Resume Guide & Examples
Help Desk Technician Resume Template
Download in google doc, word or pdf for free. designed to pass resume screening software in 2022..
Jump to a section:
- Help Desk Technician Resume (+ Google Doc & PDF Downloads)
- Skills for Help Desk Technician Resumes
- Optimize Your Help Desk Technician Resume
- Similar Help Desk Resume Templates
- Other Administrative Resumes
- Help Desk - 2023 Resume Guide (Recommended Reading)
- See Alternative Careers to a Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Technician Resume Sample
A help desk technician’s primary goal is to improve customer satisfaction by helping them resolve technical issues with the organization’s product. That’s why your resume should be tailored to the IT industry. They will also assist employees with technical queries. Another relevant help desk technician's responsibility is to educate employees on how to use machinery and software.
Recruiter Insight: Why this resume works in 2022
Tips to help you write your help desk technician resume in 2023, indicate your familiarity with agile principles..
Most help desk technicians work with an Agile approach. This helps them reduce productivity leaks and encourages collaboration among team members and stakeholders. That’s why it is worth mentioning your knowledge of this system in your resume. Technicians who are familiar with Agile principles are generally more efficient.
Mention your abilities to cooperate with teams.
As we mentioned earlier, help desk technicians often assist employees with technical support, but they must also help them understand how to use software and hardware responsibly. Therefore, collaboration and team work skills are competencies that you must highlight in your resume.
Skills For Help Desk Technician Resumes
Here are examples of popular skills from Help Desk Technician job descriptions that you can include on your resume.
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows Server
- Printer Support
- System Administration
- Network Administration
- Help Desk Support
Skills Word Cloud For Help Desk Technician Resumes
This word cloud highlights the important keywords that appear on Help Desk Technician job descriptions and resumes. The bigger the word, the more frequently it appears on job postings, and the more likely you should include it in your resume.
How to use these skills?
Similar resume templates.
- Customer Service Resume Guide
- Virtual Assistant Resume Guide
- Administrative Assistant Resume Guide
- Executive Assistant Resume Guide
- Office Manager Resume Guide
- Research Assistant Resume Guide
- Customer Success Resume Guide
- Back Office Resume Guide
- Inventory Manager Resume Guide
- Desktop Support Resume Guide
- Loan Processor Resume Guide
- Warehouse Manager Resume Guide
- Fundraising Resume Guide
- Service Desk Resume Guide
- Help Desk Resume Guide
- Administrative Coordinator Resume Guide
- Administration Resume Guide
- Scheduling Resume Guide
- Gig Economy Resume Guide
- Project Administrator Resume Guide
- Facilities Resume Guide
- Revenue Cycle Resume Guide
Resume Guide: Detailed Insights From Recruiters
- Help Desk Resume Guide & Examples for 2022
Improve your Help Desk Technician resume, instantly.
Use our free resume checker to get expert feedback on your resume. You will:
• Get a resume score compared to other Help Desk Technician resumes in your industry.
• Fix all your resume's mistakes.
• Find the Help Desk Technician skills your resume is missing.
• Get rid of hidden red flags the hiring managers and resume screeners look for.
It's instant, free and trusted by 1+ million job seekers globally. Get a better resume, guaranteed .
Help Desk Technician Resume
- Free Help Desk Technician Resume Review
- Help Desk - 2023 Resume Guide
- All Resumes
- Resume Action Verbs
- Other Resume Templates
Download this PDF template.
Creating an account is free and takes five seconds. you'll get access to the pdf version of this resume template., choose an option..
- Have an account? Sign in
E-mail Please enter a valid email address This email address hasn't been signed up yet, or it has already been signed up with Facebook or Google login.
Password Show Your password needs to be between 6 and 50 characters long, and must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number. It looks like your password is incorrect.
Forgot your password?
Sign up to get access to Resume Worded's Career Coaching platform in less than 2 minutes
Name Please enter your name correctly
E-mail Remember to use a real email address that you have access to. You will need to confirm your email address before you get access to our features, so please enter it correctly. Please enter a valid email address, or another email address to sign up. We unfortunately can't accept that email domain right now. This email address has already been taken, or you've already signed up via Google or Facebook login. We currently are experiencing a very high server load so Email signup is currently disabled for the next 24 hours. Please sign up with Google or Facebook to continue! We apologize for the inconvenience!
Password Show Your password needs to be between 6 and 50 characters long, and must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number.
Receive resume templates, real resume samples, and updates monthly via email
Lost your password? Please enter the email address you used when you signed up. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
E-mail This email address either hasn't been signed up yet, or you signed up with Facebook or Google. This email address doesn't look valid.
Back to log-in
These professional templates are optimized to beat resume screeners (i.e. the Applicant Tracking System). You can download the templates in Word, Google Docs, or PDF. For free (limited time).
access samples from top resumes, get inspired by real bullet points that helped candidates get into top companies., get a resume score., find out how effective your resume really is. you'll get access to our confidential resume review tool which will tell you how recruiters see your resume..
Writing an effective resume has never been easier .
Upgrade to resume worded pro to unlock your full resume review., get this resume template (+ 2 others), plus proven bullet points., for a small one-time fee, you'll get everything you need to write a winning resume in your industry., here's what you'll get:.
- 📄 Get the editable resume template in Google Docs + Word . Plus, you'll also get all 2 other templates .
- ✍️ Get sample bullet points that worked for others in your industry . Copy proven lines and tailor them to your resume.
- 🎯 Optimized to pass all resume screeners (i.e. ATS) . All templates have been professionally designed by recruiters and 100% readable by ATS.
Buy now. Instant delivery via email.
instant access. one-time only., what's your email address.
I had a clear uptick in responses after using your template. I got many compliments on it from senior hiring staff, and my resume scored way higher when I ran it through ATS resume scanners because it was more readable. Thank you!
- Resume Experts
- Search Jobs
- Search for Talent
- Employer Branding
- Resume Samples
- Information Technology
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Samples
The guide to resume tailoring.
Guide the recruiter to the conclusion that you are the best candidate for the it help desk technician job. It’s actually very simple. Tailor your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from the examples below and then add your accomplishments. This way, you can position yourself in the best way to get hired.
Craft your perfect resume by picking job responsibilities written by professional recruiters
Pick from the thousands of curated job responsibilities used by the leading companies, tailor your resume & cover letter with wording that best fits for each job you apply.
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
- Assist with physical PC workstation moves (PC’s, monitors, phones, etc)
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
- Maintains bank and network standards to preserve network integrity
- Participates in established rotating on-call schedule, providing 24x7 support on a periodic basis
- Provide technical assistance and support related to end users, computer systems, hardware, or software
- Answer incoming customer calls and provide assistance by phone in a friendly and professional manner
- Provide a consolidated point of contact for providing Tier I technical support to Kiewit employees
- Handles Identity and Access Management; provisioning, supporting, and disabling user accounts and profiles
- Provide established on-call technical support using a rotational schedule
- Support end-users with application, computer, desk phone, printer and basic network related issues following established policies, processes and procedures
- Install workstations, laptops, printers and other desktop related equipment as directed by service request tickets, including asset tracking and systems monitoring
- Assist in moving desktop equipment to different locations
- Responsible for supporting desk phone devices and management software
- Works cohesively with fellow team members, management, escalation points, and vendors to ensure the right solutions are implemented and sustained
- Provide maintenance, technical support and troubleshooting of desktop computers, printers, telephones and other devices to ensure effective use of technology resources by Berg staff
- Participate in the effective operation of the IT Help Desk by taking requests, tracking work tickets, maintaining equipment inventories
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Berg computer systems and share this knowledge with customers to promote computing literacy and efficient use of technology as well as a high level of customer service
- Maintain the security of client computers and data by ensuring operating system updates and virus protection are installed as well as finding and eliminating malicious applications
- Familiarity with Internet/Intranet coding tools and scripting (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, PHP, ASP, etc.) a plus
- Help Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Work from a ticket queue to complete work orders in a timely manner to meet department and customer service objectives
- Exercises ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge. Strives for constant improvement and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a highly developed attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to learn new technology and systems quickly
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively in a diverse and ever-changing environment
- Effectively manage multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Solid understanding of basic client connectivity - ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, occasionally in urgent situations
13 IT Help Desk Technician resume templates
Read our complete resume writing guides
How to tailor your resume, how to make a resume, how to mention achievements, work experience in resume, 50+ skills to put on a resume, how and why put hobbies, top 22 fonts for your resume, 50 best resume tips, 200+ action words to use, internship resume, killer resume summary, write a resume objective, what to put on a resume, how long should a resume be, the best resume format, how to list education, cv vs. resume: the difference, include contact information, resume format pdf vs word, how to write a student resume, win-t it help desk technician resume examples & samples.
- 1) Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences and a minimum of three years related experience
- 2) Must possess Experience and training in working with Windows Operating Systems, LAN/WAN hardware and software
- 3) Must possess and maintain a Secret Clearance
- 4) Must hold a current industry certification in one of the following areas: CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Net+
- 5) Must be a U.S. Citizen
- 1) Masters in Computer Science or related field
- 2) CISSP certification
- 3) Previous experience in a TRADOC environment managing networks
- 1) Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1) CISSP certification
- 2) Previous experience in a TRADOC environment managing networks
Senior IT Help Desk Technician Resume Examples & Samples
- Maintain network security and access to resources by creating, editing, or deleting user accounts, network shares and e-mail lists with attention to appropriate security procedures
- Provide IT systems administration and support as needed, working closely with the Director of Network Systems Administration & Sr. IT Help Desk Technician, to ensure continuous and effective operations while maintaining IT security policy
- Participate in ensuring the stability of all of Berg’s information systems with teamwork and professionalism, including, but not limited to, carrying and responding to a cell phone and being available when needed for critical system support
- Requires a B.A. or B.S. degree in information systems or equivalent; working knowledge of the information technology field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced, IT support environment
- Basic network administration ability with Microsoft Active Directory and other network applications
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows and/or Apple operating systems, hardware and general computer operation required
- Significant customer service/support experience a plus
- Strong listening and problem-solving ability
- Ability to explain and document computer systems in terms equivalent to user’s experience level
- Ability to independently coordinate projects & plans with team members for timely completion of mission-critical, complex, and often sensitive projects or emergencies
- Experience with inventory management and ticket tracking a plus
- Understanding of information systems privacy and security issues including common practices for protecting systems a plus
- Physically capable of regularly lifting IT equipment (up to 50 pounds), install cabling, access tight spaces under desks, etc
IT Help Desk Technician Resume Examples & Samples
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or 2 years of relevant technical experience
- 2 years+ experience working in a dual Windows/Mac environment, troubleshooting and resolving high level complex technical issues for customers
- Experience with troubleshooting mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Ability to image Mac and PC machines with related software and accounts (i.e. Office 365, Adobe, Active Directory, SSCM, Casper)
- Ability to build a positive relationship between the clients, internal groups and technical organization
- Experience in infrastructure and application monitoring is a bonus
- Familiarity with ITIL processes desired
- Must be fluent in English. French, German, and Chinese are a bonus!
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Windows desktops and notebooks, as well as iOS devices, in a networked environment
- Experience with Windows 7, 8 and 10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2010/2013 and Mac OS
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013 as well as Office 365
- Experience supporting Outlook in a Microsoft Exchange/Cloud environment
- Experience supporting desktops in a MS active directory environment
- Experience with mobile devices in a plus
- 2 years of experience with providing second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware
- Experience with simulating or recreating user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Experience with recommending systems modifications to reduce user problems
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Public Key Encryption
- Knowledge of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- HS diploma or GED and 8 years of experience in a help desk environment, AA or AS degree in CS or Information Systems and 5 years of experience in a help desk environment, or BA or BS degree in CS or Information Systems and 2 years of experience in a help desk environment
- Experience with NetApp storage management and configuration
- Experience with Server and Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) management and configuration
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and be highly motivated with strong client focus
- Microsoft Certifications, including MCSA, MCSE, or MCSM
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) with a comprehension of EtherChannel and Cisco routing and advanced switching
- Identify, research and resolves technical problems
- Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution
- Assist in tracking help desk calls pertaining to application, networking, and systems problems and issues
- Promote a high level of customer satisfaction through proper telephone techniques, and respond with the appropriate amount of urgency to user problems
- Correct application issues, solve network and security problems and identify common PC software and hardware problems
- Provide hardware support of PCs and Laptops, such as installing replacement hardware or upgrading hardware
- Support Software/Hardware on equipment such as, Scanners, Copiers, Printers, Monitors and other peripherals
- Provide support for Windows XP and Windows 7 by evaluating and troubleshooting issues including running in-depth diagnostics
- Assign user-name, password and access right permissions for multiple proprietary applications, as well as client software
- Associate degree is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience required
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate and familiar with help desk procedures
- Knowledge of systems software sufficient to determine if a malfunction is in the hardware or in the software
- Ability to install and deploy Windows based computers
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Internet Explorer software usage and configuration
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds required
- Provide computer and phone peripheral support for all Lithia Auto Store locations
- Utilize and perform in a Windows-based environment as well as versions of Microsoft Office Suite
- Create/remove logon credentials from various in-house databases including but not limited to Microsoft Active Directory, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Voicemail, Third Party Systems and databases
- Monitor email/voicemail messages from customers for assistance by opening trouble tickets for each request
- Set-up and install peripherals including but not limited to phones (Cisco IPT), PC’s, printers, laptops, monitors/projector units in person or as an instructor by phone
- Assist with physical PC workstation moves (PC’s, monitors, phones, etc)
- Manage and complete assigned issues and projects in a timely manner
- Travel as required to field stores
- Work schedule rotation for periodic on-call and after-hours support
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- 1 – 2 years of knowledge and work experience in an IT or computer related environment
- AA or BS degree in Computer Science, preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with Windows OS (XP, 7), Microsoft Office applications with some MAC OS experience, preferred
- CompTIA A+ or Network+, desired
- Working knowledge of basic hardware, including laptops, desktops and printers
- A team player who is professional and focused on providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to articulate and troubleshoot issues over the phone and in person
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Active Listener and Critical Thinker
- Solid time management skills
- Possess an acceptable driving record and a valid driver’s license in your state of residence
- Provide Tier I and II IT troubleshooting services such as maintaining, installing, repairing, and modifying computers/mobile devices (SIPR, NIPR, CENTRIX, etc.) and their associated business software
- Life Cycle Replacement support services (configuration/imaging, distribution and installation)
- Provide direct customer support for Audio Visual and Video Teleconferencing equipment and services
- Document incident statuses in incident database tools (i.e. Remedy)
- High School diploma or equivalent with 5+ years of related working experience
- Demonstrated experience with Active Directory, Operating System delivery methods (BMC Remedy or Altiris Deployment Solution, SCCM, Ghost, etc.) and basic troubleshooting techniques in a Service Desk environment
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/10, Office 2007 and 2010
- Background in networking concepts to include TCP/IP, DHCP, VLAN, DNS and other common networking business practices
- Currently possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II requirements to include active CompTIA Security+ce certification
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Ability to work weekends and travel upon customer requests as needed
- Experience in DISA, USARPAC, and USARC IT Tiered support Services is preferred
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Assembles medical products on an assembly operation, performing a variety of tasks on a rotating basis
- Ability to rotate through the assembly line
- Performs on-line and in-process visual inspection of products to ensure specifications per work order and procedure are followed
- Assists Team Leader and Technicians with product and/or machine change-overs
- Ensures product assembled meets quality standards
- Rejects product outside of specifications
- Adheres to safety standards
- May operate a variety of testing equipment required for periodic product and process testing
- Performs other related tasks, as required
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a high school diploma or certificate of leaving
- Demonstrates competencies and ability to rotate in a specific assembly line or work cell
- Ability to perform a variety of assembly tasks requiring dexterity and fine motor skills
- Ability to visually check work performed and identify whether a product has been assembled correctly
- Ability to follow instructions in performing repetitive tasks
- Attentiveness in performing tasks
- Ability to work as a team member in assembling sterile medical products
- Ability to meet line rate expectations
- Six months of experience
- Applies Laboratory policies and procedures to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- This is the skilled/fully proficient level; applies knowledge of the job and policies/principles to complete a wide variety of tasks
- Position typically requires a high school diploma and two-to-four years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At this level, additional training, certification, and/or education may be desirable
- At this level applicable foundational vendor certification is desirable
- Provide support for a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks
- Provide level 1 support for hardware problems
- Perform trouble shooting and provide support for software applications pertaining to PIPS, PIPS-R, Portal and OPM’s FDR and FWS systems
- Learn and provide level 1 support for any new software or hardware that KeyPoint Government Solutions may adopt
- Other duties that may be requested by supervisor
- Communicates with end users to resolve issues a soon as possible
- Organizes and prioritizes requests to optimize efficient resolutions
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications
- Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations)
- Two years of previous hands on experience required
- Proficiency in internetworking, TCP/IP, routing/switching, wireless networks, VPNs, network diagnostics, management and troubleshooting. Certifications a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of core Internet protocols including TCP/IP, DNS,FTP, etc
- Experience in Microsoft Windows 2k or 2k3 server environments including installation, configuration and use of Active Directory
- 1+ years experience doing technical support, helpdesk, service desk or phone support
- Experience with Windows XP and MS Outlook
- Active Directory skills such as creating/deleting users, resetting passwords, etc
- Experience supporting, troubleshooting and break/fix on various hardware such as Dell and Lenovo laptops and desktops, printers and scanners
- Willingness to provide technical support primarily over the phone
- Find Us on Facebook!
- Respond to request via phone calls, in person or by email through help desk software
- Image new computers to company standard install
- Support company mobile phones and smart phones
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved
- Degree in Information Technology or related field or relevant experience,
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast paced environment
- Answers help desk telephone, email and other requests and provides Level 1 support for reported incidents
- Uses troubleshooting, logical processing and problem solving skills to resolve hardware, software, and network issues
- Applies strong organizational, multi-tasking, and follow-through abilities. Effectively prioritizes workload in a fast paced environment
- Draws on basic understanding of network topology and connectivity to monitor and troubleshoot the bank’s network. Further develops working knowledge of the bank’s networking environment
- Documents procedures, technical specifications and similar items to improve departmental knowledge
- Accurately logs calls into the Help Desk ticketing system
- Responds to user requests in person or by appropriate communication(s)
- Refers unresolved help desk issues to next level support
- May travel to branch offices as required to setup equipment in a new branch, or assisting with moving equipment when a branch relocates
- May travel to branches of newly acquired entities for conversion purposes
- Handles returns of equipment and/or exchanges
- Communicates with vendors on new purchases, warranty repairs, swaps
- Responsibilities also include proactive monitoring of network and systems, backup media cataloging, report generation and other duties as assigned
- Performs various clerical duties including, mail distribution, filing, copying, word processing, assisting employees as required
- Ensures that internal customers are receiving quality service and support
- Adheres to strict compliance with bank policies and procedures
- Helps advance the company perception of Help Desk by providing excellent customer service, good communication and interpersonal skills, and following through and following up on all calls that are taken by incumbent to ensure that problems have been completely resolved
- Minimum 1-2 years’ IT experience
- Strong computer skills (ability to operate specific software programs) and wireless/network devices
- Familiarity with the geography of the OSU campus is preferred but not required
- Administration of Active Directory Controller
- PC / Laptop Hardware and Software Support
- Administration of Virus Protection and Security System
- Copier and PC Printer Administration
- Administration of Phone Call Center System
- Administration of Email System
- Administration of CRM System
- Microsoft Office skill with Excel and Word
- Ability to apply a structured approach, such as scientific method, to complex problems in unfamiliar environments
- Ability to communicate effectively with both IT staff and operations staff
- Responds to queries, creates/updates tickets, isolates problem, and determines and implements solutions or escalation procedures
- Assists in the monitoring of tickets in multiple queues to facilitate processing of all customer support requests, examines personal queues to prioritize and complete work to meet or exceed response and resolution targets
- Follows defined policies and procedures to manage workflow, including escalation of tickets, utilizes all available resources to promptly and accurately identify resolutions
- Understand, apply and utilize all information gained by reading, studying and reviewing technical documentation, manuals, TechNet, and other support sources
- Above all this position is a part of a “customer service” organization and must show an aptitude for the development, management, and delivery of outstanding services to Analogic employees, customers, suppliers, and any other internal organization that relies on the network
- Solid understanding of how software and operating systems work
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Strong customer focus
- The ability to prioritize your workload
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs
- 1 year technical support experience
- Operating Systems
- Logical Devices
- Microsoft Suite 2010 & 2016
- Engineering Tools
IT Help Desk Technician Level Resume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for serving as centralized point of contact for all technology needs by interfacing with customers via phone, chat, email and other request mechanisms
- Monitor ticketing queues and route/assign incidents and requests as needed
- Ensure the stable operation of desktop computers (Windows and Apple OS), accessories and peripherals following established guidelines and best practices
- Monitors systems and alarms, troubleshoots, and escalates where appropriate
- High school diploma
- 1-3 years related experience
- Experienced in troubleshooting methods and procedures
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Basic experience troubleshooting and support PC hardware and software
- Basic experience using e-mail and word processing software. Basic understanding of network software, hardware and services
- Interface with users, identify and resolve problems, escalate unresolved trouble tickets as appropriate, and track calls
- Install, maintain, upgrade and troubleshoots PCs, laptops, printers and other peripherals
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot various applications in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Utilize help desk ticket system (Dell Kace K1100) by inputting, updating and closing tickets
- Provide basic IT training for new users
- Participate in various IT relar5ted projects as needed
- Provide on-call support and infrequent night/weekend work
- Continue professional development of skills
- Triage issues and service requests via phone, e-mail, chat and in person
- Troubleshoot the end user’s issue and resolve upon first contact, when possible
- Accurately record and document all details of the issue or service request, including categorization and priority into the IT service desk tool
- Provide remote access/VPN support
- Provide “how to” assistance on all internally supported devices, applications and systems
- Escalate issues to appropriate second- and third-level subject-matter experts in accordance to service-level agreements, and follow up on incidents when appropriate
- Leverage internal and external resources (knowledge bases, manuals, support sites, vendors) to answer questions and resolve issues
- Respond to end-user inquiries regarding the status of incident/service request tickets, and perform follow-ups
- Contribute to the creation/facilitation/maintenance of FAQ documents, knowledge articles and user guides
- Build relationships with the Level 2 support technicians and Level 3 subject-matter experts to ensure that IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood, met or exceeded
- Be an advocate for the end user to ensure he or she receives high-quality and timely service and support from the entire IT organization
- Organize the WWP Help Desk so that all incoming WWP support calls are dealt with in a timely and effective manner
- Prioritize outstanding IT support calls and schedule in order of prioritization to the relevant IT Support Technicians
- Analyze and resolve urgent first-line support calls when escalated via the WWP Help Desk
- Promote best practices in the use of IT hardware and software
- Keep all WWP hardware safe and secure
- Monitor status of WAN links and carry out basic investigations prior to reporting any issues to WWP Senior Management
- Input new system users onto the WWP Help Desk system contacts database and maintain existing information ensuring it is correct and up to date
- Input new system users onto the organization domain, e-mail system, and proxy servers within set timescales and ensure existing system users’ information is correct and up to date
- Liaise with third party support organizations for repairs/replacements
- Perform IT installations, configurations, and troubleshoot computer hardware and software in accordance with IT Services standards
- Perform the daily file server backup checks
- Perform system administration and support of IT Help Desk System
- Liaise with staff as to the status of their existing calls
- Liaise with third party support suppliers to resolve support calls that require actions from them
- Provide feedback to Senior IT Staff regarding potential staff desktop training requirements
- Participate in WWP meetings / review meetings or locality site meetings and provide feedback as required
- Monitors and recommends best practices procedures for all users accessing WWP technical resources
- Perform preventive maintenance as recommend by Microsoft standards on all desktops computers
- Intermediate operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers, Macintosh computers, servers, peripherals, Windows, Mac OS, and Microsoft Office
- Operating knowledge of typical office equipment, such as CISCO VOIP telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc. required within three (3) months after entering position
- Advanced computer troubleshooting, analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with a trouble-ticketing system
- Experience with mobile device support, iPhone/iPad Support, desktop imaging and security patching
- Organized, diligent, and able to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and prioritize
- Commitment to helping a highly successful organization implement systems to support significant growth
- Highly motivated
- Associates degree with an IT concentration preferred
- Two (2) years of experience utilizing a variety of computer hardware, software, and networking preferred
Related Job Titles
Help Desk Technician Resume Samples
A professional Help Desk Technician will provide accurate and fast technical assistance on computer systems, and respond to the basic technical issues of the customers. A well-drafted Help Desk Technician Resume mentions the following duties and tasks – providing assistance to customers’, who are in need of technical assistance, performing remote troubleshooting by way of diagnostic techniques; directing unresolved issues to the next level, providing accurate information on IT problems and services and updating customer status and information.
Apart from proven work experience, the following skills are expected – tech-savvy, working knowledge of office automation products; good understanding of computer systems, excellent communication skills, proficiency in English; and the ability to manage problems via phone calls. Qualified students are expected to have at least a degree in IT or computer-related disciplines.
- Resume Samples
- Help Desk Technician
Senior Help Desk Technician Resume
Summary : Senior Help Desk Technician possessing great computer skills with the ability to learn new programs quickly and accurately applying it after training. Excellent working knowledge of Windows OS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word. More than 12 years of successful experience in customer service and support with recognized strengths in data entry, account maintenance, problem-solving and sales staff support. A valuable team asset with growing interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
Skills : Computer Technician, Customer Service, Software, Software, Windows, Network Support, PC Support
- Assisting customers with issues concerning VA Enterprise Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health (EESOH) and Air Program Information Management System (APIMS) these tasks include creating/editing user accounts, delivering status of materials in EESOH, and troubleshooting errors that customers encounter when accessing the databases.
- Responsible for assisting with data entry and customer reports for eesoh, obtaining needed msds for products on hand and ordered, entering health hazards, chemical hazards and environmental hazards into eesoh to assist with employee awareness, hazardous tracking/inventory, hazardous waste management.
- Administering training of APIMS to users on air quality and the use of APMIS.
- Effectively setting up yearly/monthly calculations to accurately calculate yearly emission calculations to comply with EPA thresholds for air quality.
- Writing and executing scripts using toad, MySQL to update, delete, insert records for clients data sets.
- Using Oracle, creating discoverer reports and troubleshooting errors with clients discoverer reports.
- Training class/ trainer/preparing the class data, ordering new materials and assisting students with completing the course.
- Updating/creating user guides to assist users with APIMS and EESOH applications.
Junior Help Desk Technician Resume
Objective : Solutions-oriented, dynamic, and service-driven Junior Help Desk Technician, offering broad-based experience and hands-on skills in core IT processes information systems administration, security, technical support, data and voice communications. Decisive, take-charge professional with 3 years of worldwide experience working with physical, information and operational security. Committed to continuous process improvement. Adept at promoting positive work environments and enhancing overall organizational performance.
Skills : Strong Customer Service, Time Management, Organizational, Initiative, Professional Demeanor And Positive Attitude
- Properly managing inbound calls and any electronic or paper documents regarding medication orders and deliveries.
- Answering clients' questions and concerns regarding medication orders, referring to a pharmacist when required.
- Adhering to all quality control and medication safety policies and procedures to ensure transcription and medication transfer accuracy.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of all activities for admission, discharge, transfer, and medication orders, as required by hospice pharmacy solutions documentation standards.
- Handling all inbound call and order processing in compliance with hospice pharmacy solutions metric expectations, including but not limited to: speed of answer, handling time, call abandonment, roll to no answer.
- Completing calls and client processing following all hospice pharmacy solutions quality management standards, ensuring department quality expectations consistently met.
- Complying with all pharmacist verification processes before submission to fulfillment pharmacy.
- Supporting the management staff in all areas needed in order to meet daily production goals and customer service expectations.
- Performing all job duties in compliance with company policies and procedures, and department performance goals and internal quality controls.
IT Help Desk Technician - User Services Resume
Objective : Detail oriented IT Help Desk Technician - User Services with multiple CompTIA certifications in addition to 3+ years of experience as a system administrator, network technician, bench technician, and help desk specialist. Working closely with clients, I have repeatedly come up with collaborative designs and innovative solutions, tackling them with the utmost confidence. Comfortable performing in a vast area of technical environments with the ability to comprehend and express complex processes in a pragmatic and positive fashion.
Skills : Windows, Network Support, PC Support And Repairs, POS Peripherals, Point Of Sale Support, Microsoft Office
- Documented work performed and issued resolution procedures within the ticketing system.
- Installed or coordinated the timely installation of new computing hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and repair the issues with the Ethernet Data Network, WiFi Network, Analog, and VoIP Telephony equipment, Computers, Printers, and Cable TV
- Maintained a high level of expertise in Microsoft Windows operating systems, campus supported desktop computing applications and associated hardware
- Trained student assistants to help with the day to day operation of campus technology
- Participated in departmental meetings and projects as part of the IT staff.
- Responded to requests for technical Assistance in person, via phone, or electronically.
- Diagnosed and resolved technical hardware and software issues.
Lead Help Desk Technician Resume
Summary : Experienced and knowledgeable Lead Help Desk Technician seeking to contribute training and acquired skills. Works well independently, or in a group, setting providing all facets of computer support such as troubleshooting, installations, and maintenance. In-depth knowledge and understanding of numerous software packages and operating systems. To be a part of leading and growth-oriented company. Seeking an excellent position commensurate with my skills with a well-developed organization where I can utilize my knowledge and skills.
Skills : Networking Basics Knowledge, Computer Repair/Maintenance, Customer Service, Help Desk, VoIP, Watchguard VPN
- Maintaining, inputting, assigning, resolving, verifying and closing trouble tickets for 6k users on little rock air force base.
- Providing comprehensive information technology systems supporting little rock air force base.
- Assisting CSTS in the operation, repair, and configuration of information systems and supporting software.
- Performing software and hardware task functions to include installation, removal, modification, and maintenance.
- Collecting/troubleshooting cell phone and Blackberry devices and provides customer service to 400+ personal wireless communications systems accounts.
- Documenting automated information system trends, managing/reviewing Notams, developing and maintaining base communication plan.
- Monitoring air traffic control/landing systems maintenance of $13.8m assets.
- Directing off-site technicians in the setup and repair of VPNs and virtual machines.
Online Help Desk Technician Resume
Summary : Experienced Online Help Desk Technician with a very diverse background in many different fields including Network Operations, Technical care, Help Desk, Information Security, Information Assurance and Customer Service. Proficient knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office.
Skills : Active Directory, Exchange Server, PBX Phone Systems, End User Training, Inventory Management, Network Administration, System Administration, Security Camera Systems
- Communicating on a daily basis directly with supported end-users to provide many different resolutions to hardware, software, and network related problems.
- The initial point of contact for resolution of laptop, mobile, and desktop, problems supporting 56,000+ customers.
- Gathering information, resolve and report work orders and problems using BMC's remedy ticketing system.
- Deciding what team should be escalated to should the problem have to be fixed by another support center or group.
- Monitoring secure and non-secure systems 24x7 while escalating tickets to security administrators, network administrators, and system administrators.
- Using of RDP and terminal servers in order to access other domains and groups remotely.
- Exchanging server access to assist the customer with email and Microsoft outlook related issues.
- Managing user profiles (provisioning, maintenance and decommissioning) based on established departmental policies and procedures.
Computer Operator/Help Desk Technician Resume
Objective : Dedicated and reliable Computer Operator And PC/Help Desk Technician professional with significant experience in problem-solving skills such as diagnosing, researching, and deciphering issues. Background includes analyzing and repairing hardware and software issues. A hands-on technical professional with a solid background in troubleshooting laptops and desktops.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Monetary Transactions, Loss Prevention, Microsoft Word, Customer Service, Merchandising & Stocking, Microsoft PowerPoint, Data Entry
- Received incoming calls from sales associates and assisted them with Max POS issues and order issues.
- Helped sales associates when the store internet is down by having them locate the equipment in the store and then troubleshoot connections and cables.
- Helped sales associates with login issues with windows or Citrix or payroll system Ultipro by checking Active Directory and Ultipro to see if there is an issue with their account.
- Checked to make sure they have the permissions to print in active directory.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems with the store terminals escalate to store systems if unable to resolve.
- Troubleshoot Citrix connection issues by checking to see if the VM is online.
- Checked to make sure printer is showing so that the sales associate can then print from Max.
- Provided the ticket number to sales associate for reference or escalated ticket to tier 2.
Summary : Skilled Online Help Desk Technician with 3 years' experience in a busy enterprise environment in search of a long term career where my abilities will prove beneficial to the company's long-term goals. Actively follows directions while develops innovative ideas to successfully complete tasks at a timely efficient manner. To obtain a mid-level to a senior position within the Support field based on my work experience, technical expertise, and adapt to new technologies as IT continues to evolve.
Skills : Remedy, Active Directory, Citrix, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Virtualization, Windows, Outlook, Networking
- Responsible for desktop system functionality for 734 employees at the courthouse, law and justice buildings and 33 other remote sites located throughout the county.
- Responsible for troubleshooting various software programs, hardware components, network systems, servers, computers, cellphones, tablets, and other devices.
- Provided support to end users with automated systems and specialized programs, train end users on the proper use of county software applications, how to use their desktop or laptop equipment, and provide support on the counties VoIP system.
- Volunteered for an on-call rotation that is every 3rd weekend to support law enforcement or other justice departments that continue to operate past normal working hours.
- Created images for deployments using Acronis-deploy with an average of 200 systems per year.
- Setup desktops and made sure all proper software for that user had been installed, as well as their printer's, network folders, etc.
- Performed repairs on desktops, laptops, AIO, printers, servers, scanners, cellphones, and tablets.
- Installed and configured switches and wireless AP's throughout the county as directed by the Network Manager and/or Technology Director.
Desktop Support Tech/Help Desk Technician Resume
Objective : Desktop Support Tech/Help Desk Technician with four-plus years' experience working in a team-oriented environment. Directly assisting with resolving customer issues. Testing of compatible software throughout the Corporate environment. Provides user training and creation of user manuals. To obtain a career-oriented position with maximum potential for growth where I can utilize my skills, knowledge, and training while contributing to the growth in the Information Technology Industry.
Skills : Networking, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, CSS, HTML, Technical Support, Client Support, Coding, Management, Data Entry
- Maintaining restaurant systems hardware and software inventory for all store openings and replacements, including maintaining all images.
- Deploying new restaurant systems and network infrastructure including routers, switches, POS hardware/software, etc.
- Providing end-user training to ensure a smooth installation process and minimize post-installation support requirements.
- Participating in new restaurant openings and system deployments as the IT department representative onsite.
- Assisting in project implementations, testing, and documentation - resolving technical issues with restaurant systems within defined SLAs and document root cause and resolution.
- Providing level 2 support for point of sale and back office computer systems.
- Providing level 2 support for all telephone systems and internet systems at restaurants.
- Performing onsite scheduled maintenance on all restaurant hardware/software regularly.
- Developing and maintaining support documentation as it pertains to company-wide IT.
Help Desk Technician Level II Resume
Objective : Experienced in Workstation and Operating System Imaging. Productivity Improvement. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff. Bilingual English/Vietnamese. Team oriented while able to work independently. Able to follow instructions well and make decisions with no supervision. To secure a challenging IT Computing Technician position where my Associate's degree in Computer Network Systems and two years of hands-on IT experience will be utilized.
Skills : Customer Service, Management, Data Entry, Clerical, Windows, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office, Technical Support, Printers, Inventory, Mobile, Hardware
- Provided application support to users of Microsoft Office 365 applications including Investigation, Diagnosis, Resolution, and Recovery.
- Managed incidents in accordance with agreed upon and documented end-to-end Incident Management Process to include logging, triaging, analyzing, resolving, and following up on technological functional issues.
- Communicated with users to ensure that requests/problems are resolved, and users are satisfied with the resolution, initiating and following up on any additional required action.
- Developed materials in response to observed trends and collaborated with the support team to proactively address potential learning opportunities.
- Assisted users in the transfer of any desktop, client/server, and mainframe-based computing questions to the client’s enterprise IT Service Desk within agreed processes.
- Repaired or replaced needed hardware, and network cabling when required.
- Installed approved software for casino staff purposes, troubleshooting when necessary.
- Troubleshoot printer, phone and overhead projector issues.
IT Help Desk Technician Resume
Headline : Educated and motivated Bilingual IT Help Desk Technician - User Services seeking an opportunity to benefit a company in the computer technology industry by providing excellent levels of computer repair, troubleshooting, hardware and software installation, and customer service. To further my knowledge and skills in the IT field working with computers, networks, the internet, etc.
Skills : Unix OS, Linux OS, Server 13, Active Directory Call Works Software, Wireshark Pro Discover Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox
- Responded to requests for technical assistance via phone, e-mail, and in-person.
- Remotely resolved computer and network-related hardware and software problems for clients.
- Built and tested client computers and related peripherals in preparation for delivery input support tickets into the tracking system as clients call and manage tickets as they progress.
- Responsible for occasional on-site repair of client equipment / on-site technical problem resolution.
- Recognized, isolated, removed unwanted program such as virus/malware/spyware.
- Monitored alerts and alarms from monitoring systems, create tickets, triage, and resolve issues.
- Managed to get all computers updated and cleaned up to current standards for 20+ computers for multiple clients.
- Created documentation for Help desk ticket while talking to an employee, users, vendors, business partners, and affiliates who report a computer problem.
- Installed, modified, and repaired end use peripherals (e.g.; Desktops, Laptops, Printers, smartphones, and scanners.
Table of Contents
- Resume Examples
- Help Desk
Stunning Help Desk Resume Examples to Use
The right resume can help you land the right IT help desk job. Here’s what you need to know about writing a help desk resume.
OUR USERS HAVE BEEN HIRED BY
Table of Contents
Help Desk Resume Example
Help desk resume examples, what you should focus on for a help desk resume, the basic structure of a help desk resume, six key do’s and don’ts for a help desk resume, faq: help desk resume examples.
The average IT help desk technician needs great technical skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems with computer hardware and software – but featuring these skills is only part of building the perfect help desk resume. In this article, you will learn what you should focus on and some tips to help you create your resume.
- Knowledge of operating systems
- Customer service skills
- Desktop support
- LAN/WAN troubleshooting
- Interpersonal skills
- Active directory
These are just some of the skills that you might list in your skills section. Take the time to read through the job description, pick out skills that are mentioned, and mirror the language that they use.
- Give specific examples
Don’t be vague when discussing your achievements! If you increased system efficiency by 15% or reduced escalations from end-users by 9%, say so rather than using vague language like “improved efficiency” or “lowered escalations”.
- Discuss hardware specialties
If you are better at working with certain kinds of hardware or have certified or specialist skills, let hiring managers know. This will help you stand out.
- Proofread more than once
One typo can undermine all your hard work, so take time to proofread well or ask a family member or friend to help you.
- Be passive when discussing your achievements
Use active language when discussing your previous work or achievements. Phrases like “Was responsible for X” are fairly weak while saying “Created a ticketing system” or “Developed an analytical process” shows that you take ownership of your work. When you combine this with specific figures you can really wow a recruiter!
- Overcomplicate your format
While it can be tempting to include flashy design elements, this is not necessary for a traditional field like IT. For example, the average help desk specialist will not need to use graphic design skills, so there’s no need to showcase it on your resume. Furthermore, a resume layout that goes overboard on graphic elements can read poorly in applicant tracking systems (ATS) that hiring managers often use to scan resumes.
- Focus on your training, certifications and practical experience
While formal education can be useful for certain senior positions, IT is one of those fields where on-the-job experiences and skills learned through specialized training outweigh theoretical knowledge.
- Does a help desk job application require a cover letter?
- How can I write a help desk resume when I have no previous work experience?
- How can I alter my help desk resume to apply to different jobs?
Q: Does a help desk job application require a cover letter?
Yes, you will need to submit a cover letter for an IT support or help desk job application. A well-written cover letter gives you the opportunity to expand on your resume and impress hiring managers, while also showcasing your communication skills directly. For cover letter help, use our cover letter builder .
Q: How can I write a help desk resume when I have no previous work experience?
If you are a recent graduate or otherwise new to the IT industry, you should write a resume focused on your skills and training, in the functional resume format. This will give you a better chance of catching a recruiter’s eye and landing an entry-level role on an IT help desk.
Q: How can I alter my help desk resume to apply to different jobs?
If you already have a help desk resume and you want to change it to suit a different job, read the job descriptions of roles that you want to apply for thoroughly. Focus on highlighting the skills and experiences that match the requirements of the job. For extra help, look through resume samples that match the jobs you wish to apply for via our resume directory.
Move your resume to the top of the yes pile!
We personalize your experience..
Manage Cookie Settings
Performance cookies allow us to gather statistical data on how the website is performing to make improvements. Web Analytics cookies allow us to gather information regarding how you access the Site, for how long you stay and what parts of the Site you have visited. These cookies don’t collect identifiable information from you, which means all the data is collected is anonymous and only used to improve the functionality of a website.
Marketing cookies allow us to gather information to display advertisements based on topics that are relevant to you, allowing us to send you tailored offers. They also allow our partners to display relevant advertisements based on your interests.
Functional cookies are essential for the Site to function properly. These cookies allow websites to remember the user’s site preferences and choices they make on the Site, including username, region, and language. They are anonymous and don’t track browsing activity across other websites. These cookies remember your preferences on our website.
Type above and press Enter to search.
Senior Help Desk Technician resume example Customize This Resume search Jessica Claire Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94105 (555) 432-1000 - [email protected] Professional Summary I am technologically sophisticated within the IT, network & infrastructure environment with hands-on experience in project lifecycle management.
Help Desk Technicians provide support to end users by phone, on email or on site. The most successful resume samples for this job mention duties such as taking phone calls, answering to customer inquiries, diagnosing technical issues, running tests, troubleshooting equipment, and updating software.
Help Desk Technician Resume Sample 4.5 11 votes The Resume Builder Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates Create a Resume in Minutes Chandler Walsh 77300 Edna Viaduct, New York, NY +1 (555) 722 8175 Work Experience Senior Help Desk Technician 07/2016 - PRESENT Chicago, IL
When looking for jobs as a help desk technician, proofread your resume multiple times to look for errors. Spelling mistakes, grammar problems, and formatting issues can be distracting to a hiring manager. They often decrease your chances of landing a job. 4. The top section of your resume should highlight your accomplishments and skills.
Senior Help Desk Resume Contact Information Example # 1 Hank Rutherford Hill Montgomery, AL 36043| 333-111-2222 | [email protected] Do you want to know more? How To Write The Perfect Resume Header 2 Add Your Relevant Education To The Resume Your resume's education section should include: The name of your school
Resume Summary IT Help Desk Specialist with 6+ years of hands-on experience delivering technical support, managing IT operations, and supporting users with a variety of technical issues. Skilled in aligning end-user needs with long- term resolutions to complex IT challenges. Professional Experience DISCOVERY BENEFITS
Senior Helpdesk Technician 12/2015 - PRESENT Boston, MA Deploy of new PC's, laptops, software and peripheral equipment Ability and desire toward learning The Company's technology, support policies, and methods Ability and desire toward learning organization's Healthcare's technology, support policies, and methods
Junior Help Desk Technician Resume Examples & Samples Facilitate hardware, software, and network set up for new employees /users Maintain detailed trouble tickets, escalating issues accordingly and keeping constant channel of communication open with customer during escalation
15 Essential Senior Help Desk Technician Skills For Your Resume And Career 1. Technical Support Technical support or tech support are the services provided by any hardware or software company to users. They help in solving the technical difficulties the customers face with their products or services.
Help Desk Associate Resume Examples and Templates Sample #1 Sample #2 Ebony Moore St. Paul MN | (123) 456-7891 | [email protected] Summary Dedicated Help Desk professional with over 15 years of experience providing Tier 1 and 2 support for high-volume enterprise software systems. Education Coral Springs University Aug '10-Dec '14
Here are examples of popular skills from Help Desk Technician job descriptions that you can include on your resume. Printer Support Windows Server Microsoft Exchange Help Desk Support Software Installation Computer Hardware Computer Hardware Troubleshooting Computer Repair Active Directory Networking Match Your Resume To These Skills
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates Create a Resume in Minutes Create a Resume in Minutes Bobbie Ankunding 8763 Damaris Glen Houston TX Phone +1 (555) 722 2089 Experience New York, NY Keeling-Welch Assist with physical PC workstation moves (PC's, monitors, phones, etc)
Senior Help Desk Technician Resume. Summary : Senior Help Desk Technician possessing great computer skills with the ability to learn new programs quickly and accurately applying it after training. Excellent working knowledge of Windows OS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word. More than 12 years of successful experience in ...
Effective resumes describe a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and qualifications. An IT help desk technician assists customers with technical issues related to a company's software system or product. These technology professionals analyze the performance of a company's technical systems and refer any significant issues to company ...
Senior IT Help Desk Technician. Automobile Club of Southern California 3.5. Costa Mesa, CA 92626. $28.60 - $38.13 an hour. Full-time. As a Senior IT Help Desk Technician, you will be delivering problem resolution, notification, and escalation for general IS-related issues as well as enterprise…. Posted 30+ days ago ·.
The average IT help desk technician needs great technical skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems with computer hardware and software - but featuring these skills is only part of building the perfect help desk resume. ... While formal education can be useful for certain senior positions, IT is one of those fields where on-the-job ...
Respond to help desk tickets and escalate tickets to proper support teams as required Onboard new hires, including account setup and training Conduct account removals as part of Offboarding process
Senior Help Desk Technician. FlexCare Medical Staffing. Nov 2021 - Present1 year 5 months. Roseville, California, United States.