What Are the Top Article Writing Topics?
Are you looking for the best article writing topics? See below for the top 10 article writing topics to engage your audience and bring your blog to life!
It can be difficult to generate new ideas and topics when creating content. You may be a blog writer, run your own social media account, or are interested in digital marketing. Whatever your niche, these top 10 article topics will give you the creative spark you need to write your next great article.
1. Personal and Lifestyle
2. top must-read books, 3. local news and events , 4. current events, 5. “have you ever … ” article, 6. educational experiences, 7. mental health and well-being, 8. content marketing, 9. trending topics , 10. how-to articles, faqs about article writing topics.
If you are looking for your next article topic, consider writing about a personal experience or lifestyle topic. When dealing with writer’s block, one of the quickest ways to overcome it is by looking at your past or current events. Consider using your personal experiences to write an article.
You may think that your life is boring, but you have had numerous experiences that other people will find interesting. Some of the ideas you may want to use include:
- Vacations and holiday experiences
- Sports activities
- Musical activities
- Funny anecdotes from day-to-day interactions with friends and family
- Cooking and meal plans
- Any travels you might have been on
- Funny shows and concerns you might have attended
You might be surprised by how many people are interested in things that have happened in your life.
Another great article idea is to create a list of your favorite books. You can even use this idea to start a fun series if you are a blogger. For example, you may want to break up different books into different categories.
- Create a list of your favorite mystery books. For example, you might want to include an Agatha Christie novel in this list, such as And Then There Were None .
- Create a list of your favorite horror novels. For example, you might want to include It by Stephen King in this list.
- Create a list of your favorite works of historical fiction. For example, you might want to include The Killer Angels , by Michael Shaara, in this list.
- Create a list of your favorite fantasy novels. For example, you might want to include the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling.
Bookworms love to read, so include relevant information and recommendations in your article! Your readers will be avid book readers and will want to find new and interesting books to read.
If you are writing for a local audience, you may want to create a roundup of the top upcoming events in your area. By writing about current events, you will drive more traffic to your website and can also promote fun upcoming activities in your local community.
Some of the events you may want to write about include:
- Local musical concerts or comedy shows
- Fun sports events involving high school, college, or professional teams
- Local events at the dog park
- Events put on by local breweries
- Discounts and deals at local retail stores
- Special events at local restaurants
You can expand this to include bigger events that might be happening. For example, if there is a popular sporting event, a popular band coming to town, or a significant celebration occurring, you can write about this in your article.
When in doubt, look at current events. There is always something happening in the world that you can write about, and you can probably tie this to your audience’s interests. For example, you might have seen a recent news story about geopolitics. Even if you do not consider yourself an expert in this area, you may want to summarize the article for your readers.
Or, if there was a recent scientific study published, you may want to talk about this if it is relevant to your audience. For example, you might find a scientific study on global warming, a new medication, or something happening in space.
Not all of your articles on current events have to be serious. For example, you may want to write a news article on the Oscars or Grammy Awards if it is the right time of year. You can even talk about what is happening in celebrity news if you think your audience is interested.
Perhaps you are looking for a way to engage with your audience. You may want to write a “have you ever” article to do this. The idea behind this article is relatively straightforward. First, you will write an article about something you have done. Then, you’ll ask your audience to respond or comment on the article about similar things they have (or have not) done.
A few ideas for this article include:
- Have you ever traveled outside of the country?
- Have you ever gotten into a fight with one of your siblings?
- Have you ever had one of your friends call you in the middle of the night to pick them up from the bar?
- Have you ever been caught cheating on a test?
- Have you ever gotten locked out of your house?
- Have you ever had your credit card stolen?
- Have you ever thrown up while drinking too much?
- Have you ever missed a flight at the airport?
This is a great way to encourage your audience to share some of their experiences with you. You might even find that one of their experiences could serve as the foundation of a future article.
Everyone goes to school growing up, but everyone has a slightly different experience, so your experience in high school is probably different from your readers’ experiences.
Because every education system is different, consider pulling out some of the unique experiences you had in school growing up. Then, see if your readers are willing to share theirs. You might find that you can use some of their experiences to create a future article.
You may even want to consider starting a series. For example, you may write one article on elementary school, one on middle school, and one on high school. A few topics include:
- Who was your best friend in elementary school, and what did you do?
- What type of trouble did you get into in middle school?
- What were your most challenging classes in high school, and how did you deal with them?
- How did you decide where to go to college?
Ask your readers for comments. They might have some good ideas you can use.
Mental health is one of the most important issues facing today’s healthcare system. Just about everyone has thought about their mental health at some point. This topic could serve as a launchpad for your next article.
There are plenty of directions you can take this. Some of the ideas for articles you can write regarding mental health include:
- Most important signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions.
- Mental health struggles and how you overcame them
- Tips for taking care of your mental health
- Common stressors and how to process them
- Top music for dealing with stress
- Who to talk to for mental health issues
- When to seek the care of a mental health professional
- How to talk about mental health issues with loved ones
Everyone struggles with their mental health from time to time, and by writing an article on mental health, you bring up important topics. You can break down barriers that make it easier for your audience to talk about their mental health with people close to them.
If you are writing articles for content marketing purposes, consider creating a piece of writing that specifically talks about content marketing.
For example, you may want to write an article on the different types of content marketing. For example, some people might create infographics, while others might create videos. You can even write an article about how to start a podcast, as this is a form of content marketing that is growing quickly in popularity.
You could even write an article that talks about search engine optimization. This is usually shortened to SEO, and there is a good chance that you use SEO tools to help you improve the ranking of your articles. This could be a great idea for an article topic.
If you want your article to gain some traction, you can look at trending topics on various social media platforms. For example, you may want to go to Twitter to see what is currently trending.
Writing about trending topics is a great idea because it could help your article rank better. If a topic is trending, this is a sign that it is very popular and will result in lots of interest and views for your article.
Before you start writing, think about what your audience is interested in. Then, take a look at the training topics to see any overlap. This is a great way to find a topic for your next article.
Everyone likes to learn new skills, so consider beginning a series of how-to articles. Consider your audience, and see what they might be interested in.
You may want to start a series of how-to articles that focuses on plumbing. A few possible ideas include:
- How to stop a faucet from dripping
- How to fix a leaking shower
- How to change the temperature on the water heater
- How to increase the water pressure in the kitchen sink
- How to unclog a drain without damaging the pipes
- How to prevent items from getting stuck in the sink
You can also go to social media to see the most popular technology devices. Then, consider writing a few how-to articles that show people how to use these devices. A few ideas include:
- How to jailbreak an app to remove ads
- How to create a strong password on your phone
- How to increase the internet speed on your computer
- How to find the MAC address on a computer, Roku, or Chromecast
- How to set up a Google home
- How to change your cookie settings on a website
- How to pull the Internet history from the router in your home
If you have an audience that is interested in handyman activities, a few possible topics include:
- How to easily start a push lawn mower
- How to remove weeds without harming your back
- How to cut planks of wood safely
- How to sharpen knives in the kitchen
- How to reset the circuit breaker in the home
- How to change a flat tire on your car
- How to change the oil on your car
- How to install shelves in your home evenly
- How to hang pictures evenly
There is a never-ending list of topics you can use. Once you post your articles, collect feedback from your audience to see what they like and what they don’t like. You can use this as a source of inspiration for future articles.
What do I need to do if I want to generate more ideas for my articles?
It would be best to think about what is interesting to you and what your audience might be interested in. Consider drawing from your life experiences, the local news, or some trending topics on social media platforms. You can also survey the topics your readers want to see in your next blog post.
How can I improve my article writing skills?
The easiest way to improve your article writing skills is by practice. Explore different niches and subjects. Write for a variety of clients and editors. Seek feedback from readers as well as those paying you to write articles. Then, use this information to figure out what to improve at.
If you are interested in learning more, check out these essay writing topics !
Join over 15,000 writers today
Get a FREE book of writing prompts and learn how to make more money from your writing.
Success! Now check your email to claim your prompts.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
View all posts
- Skip to main content
- Skip to secondary menu
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
A Plus Topper
Improve your Grades
Article Writing Format, Topics, Examples | How To Write an Article
February 15, 2023 by Veerendra
Article Writing: Do you know exactly how to write an article to get maximum audience traffic? you have come to the right page. Here we are going to discuss what is it, format for Article Writing, Article Writing Topics & Examples, How to Write an Article? and Article Writing Rules for creating unique, inspiring & influencing articles.
Article Writing Format, Topics, Examples | How To Write an Article and Article Writing Rules
Check out this entire article & know complete idea about writing perfect articles on various topics like person, place, things, current trending issues, technical & non-technical advancements, etc. However, you will also find a wide range of Article Writing Topics on different subjects here. Look no further just dive into this ultimate article writing guide.
Topics & Examples of Article Writing
This section is the heart of this article where you can view the most awaiting content about article writing ie., Topics & Sample examples. The best & traffic attained article writing topics like health, education, creativity, technical developments, productivity, and many more are shared here in the accessible links. From this list of the collection, you will definitely find interesting articles that are important for your board exams or competitions or magazines.
Are you ready to dive in? Check out the below list & pick any of the article writing topics that you are excited to publish.
- Article on Sovereignty and Partition of India 1947
- Article on The Rebellion of 1857
- Article on Azad Hind Fauj
- Article on Purna Swaraj Movement
- Article on Rise of Nationalist Movements of India
- Article On Quit India Movement
- Article On Election Commission Of India
- Article on Importance of Education for Adults
- Article on Royal Indian Navy Revolt 1946
- Article on British Reforms 1919
- Article on Other Revolutionary Movements of Indian Independence
- Article on Second World War (1939-45) and its Impact on Indian Independence
- Article on Lahore Resolution 1940
- Article on Christmas Island Mutiny 1942
- Article on Arrival of Mahatma Gandhi in India 1915
- Article on Partition of the Province of Bengal 1905
- Article on Importance of Education in our Life
- Article on Importance of Education in Society
- Article on Importance of Education for Children
- Article On Importance of Education for Women
- Article On Child Labour
- Article on Female Foeticide
- Article on Global Warming
- Article on Health and Fitness
- Article on Farmer Suicides
- Article on Natural Calamities in India
- Article on Pollution
- Article on Save Water
- Article on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Article on Terrorism
- Article on Women Empowerment
- Article On Rise of Indian Nationalism 1885-1905
- Article on First World War 1914-18
- Article on All India Muslim League 1906
- Article on First Non Co-operation Movement 1920 to 1922
What is Article Writing?
An article is a written work published in a print/electronic medium. It may be for the purpose of delivering news, researching results, academic analysis, or debate. Usually, an article is a piece of writing that is published in a newspaper or Magazine for guiding a large audience on a particular topic or subject. The main objective to write an article is to make some changes to the world by presenting facts, stats, or views.
Well, there are so many objectives of Article Writing on various topics like society, persons, locations, rising-issues, and technical developments. It influences some readers and some may fail in audience perception because of messiness in your article writing. So, following the correct format of writing an article may convey your views, facts, or stats to the world.
Article Writing Format
To write a perfect article, one should have in-depth knowledge about the topic to deliver 100% information regarding the product, services, brands, etc., Well, you need to do some research and also planning before start writing an article. To make your article stood out of the crowd & gain max audience traffic; some basic format for article writing is necessary. The article writing format is given below.
The format of an article consists of the following parts:
- Heading / Title
- Body (the main part of the article, 3-4 paragraphs)
- Conclusion (Ending paragraph of the article with the opinion or recommendation, anticipation or an appeal)
1. HEADING: It should be catchy & also need to relate to the reader’s search term. The length of the heading shouldn’t cross 5-6 words. Think creatively & impressed audience or readers with this one line & increase their anxiety to continue their read in your article.
2. BY LINE: It means the name of the person writing the article. It is generally given in the question. If asked then only write your personal details.
3. BODY: The body is the main part of article writing which carries more weightage of marks. Usually, the body of the article consists of at least 3 to 4 paragraphs.
4. CONCLUSION: Final paragraph of an article should be like recommendation, anticipation, views, appeal, etc where readers’ must feel happy with your article.
Checking out this format & try to implement it during the article writing as it is very important for all students of CBSE and other boards to secure more marks & readers’ attention.
How To Write an Article?
The following steps guide you on how to write an article in a well-structured manner which helps you grab your audience’s attention & traffic for web-based published articles.
- Choose/Pick your topic which is required for your target audience.
- Do some research and collect the needed information for your selected topic.
- Organize all important topic related facts & stats in a logical way.
- Write all your reader’s needs to influence & help them.
- Make your views unique & specific.
- Read, Revise, and Repeat.
- Cross-check the grammatical mistakes & avoid unnecessary & repetitive lines.
Article Writing Rules – Rules for Writing a Good Articles
- Rule 1: Minimize your barrier to entry.
- Rule 2: Conduct in-depth Research
- Rule 3: Structure & Form
- Rule 4: Keep your paragraphs short and your text visually appealing
- Rule 5: Be Succinct
- Rule 6: Always proofread your writing
FAQs on Article Writing Format | Topics of Article Writing & Article Writing Tips
1. What is the format for article writing?
There are four stages that students should remember while writing an article on any of the subjects. By following the structure you can reach more audiences with your article. So, check out the structure for article writing & publish it in that form for gaining a huge traffic. The article writing format is as follows:
2. Where can I get a huge variety of article writing topics to fulfill the reader’s needs?
You can find a wide range of article writing topics from our page along with related information about article writing like tips, rule, format, & how to write it uniquely.
3. What are some good topics to write an article?
You can avail the list of good article topics on our website Aplustopper.com along with some enough examples of article writing on our page.
4. What are some best tips to write good articles?
Here are some of the important tips to write good articles:
- The topics of the articles should be unique and relevant
- The title must be eye-catching, clear and attractive
- The article has to get attention
- It has to be interesting & easy to read
- Use clear statements and make assertions
- Write a good and logical ending
- Avoid repetition of ideas
- RS Aggarwal Solutions
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 10
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 9
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 8
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 7
- RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 6
- Picture Dictionary
- English Speech
- ICSE Solutions
- Selina ICSE Solutions
- ML Aggarwal Solutions
- HSSLive Plus One
- HSSLive Plus Two
- Kerala SSLC
- Distance Education
15,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. Take the first step today
Meet top uk universities from the comfort of your home, here’s your new year gift, one app for all your, study abroad needs, start your journey, track your progress, grow with the community and so much more.
An OTP has been sent to your registered mobile no. Please verify
Thanks for your comment !
Our team will review it before it's shown to our readers.
- Updated on
- Nov 19, 2022
There is so much to read and learn these days. Have you noticed how your favourite bloggers or writers come up with unique content on new topics almost every day? In the digital era, writers have to be extra careful about how they present their ideas. It should be collated in such a way that it influences a larger audience at the same time. However, article writing is not everyone’s cup of tea and needs creative thinking . Whether you want to pursue Content Writing courses or want to flourish your Journalism career , adhering to the structure along with presenting ideas in a well-structured way is what a writer needs to take care of. Yes, even articles have a distinct structure. Before delving into how to write an article should look, let us first understand the basics of it.
How To Be A Content Writer? [Step-by-Step 2022 Guide]
This Blog Includes:
What is article writing, objectives of article writing, tips for writing a good article, heading or title, byline or name of the author, body of the article, step 1: find your target audience, step 2: select a topic and an attractive heading, step 3: research is the key, step 4: write and proofread, step 5: add images and infographics, sample of article writing, article writing on covid-19 for students, article on my vision of india in the future, article writing topics, common mistakes to avoid in article writing, points to keep in mind, ppt on article writing , scope of article writing.
Playing a major role in society, an article is a piece of information that is written to influence or provide information to people at large. The form and the style of article writing may vary from one topic or writer to another. Yet, an ideal article provides all the relevant factual information to the people which catches their attention, allows them to think and triggers them to act. There are several types of articles, including:
- Expository article – The most common type of article, which allows the writer to disseminate information on any topic without imposing their own opinions.
- Argumentative article – An article in which the author poses a problem or issue, proposes a solution and provides arguments to support why their suggestions/solutions are good.
- A narrative article is one in which the author is required to narrate primarily in the form of a story.
- Descriptive article – An article written to provide a vivid description that allows readers to visualise what is being described. Using the appropriate adjectives/adjective phrases will assist you in writing a descriptive article.
- Persuasive article – An article written to persuade or convince readers to accept an idea or a point of view.
An article must be written with the following objectives in mind:
- It should bring the topic or subject of interest to the foreground.
- The article must discuss all the necessary information.
- It must make or suggest recommendations to the readers.
- It must be eligible to have an impact on the readers and make them think.
- The article must cover a wide range of topics, including people, places, emerging challenges, and technological advancements.
Here’s a step-by-step guide with plenty of helpful hints to help you write an excellent article in no time:
- The first and most important thing to consider when you decide to write an article is whether or not you are well-versed in the subject matter.
- The second question you must answer is why you are writing the article.
- The next thing you must consider is the type of audience for whom you are writing the article because you will not be able to write it in a way that will entice them to read it unless you know your audience.
- The language you use is critical because the article would be unable to sell itself without proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Make use of keywords to attract a large number of readers.
- Maintain coherence between and within paragraphs.
- Regardless of the type of article, double-check the data and information you provide.
- Keep the title and description as brief and memorable as possible.
- Before it is published, it should be edited and proofread.
Know the Difference Between an Author and a Writer !
Article Writing Format
Whatever you wish to write, it is important for you to first know the structure of the article and then mention the details accordingly. Divided mainly into 3 sections- Heading, Byline and Body , let us have a look at the article writing format you should keep in mind while composing your piece of information.
The first thing to be noticed and the most important component in article writing is the heading/title. To draw the attention of the readers, it is important to give a catchy heading of not more than 5 to 6 words to the article.
Below the title comes the byline which states the name of the author who has written the article. This part helps the writer earn the actual credit that they deserve.
The body consists of the main content of an article. Be it story writing or article writing, it is completely upon the author to fix the length of the composition and the number of paragraphs that would embed the information. Generally, an article contains 3 or 4 paragraphs wherein, the first paragraph introduces the readers to what the article will be about and all the prerequisite information. The second and third paragraphs will cover the crux of the topic and here, all the relevant data, case studies and statistics are presented. Following this, the fourth paragraph will conclude the article where the solutions to the problems, as presented in the second and third passages (if any) will be discussed.
Also Read: How to Write a Book?
Step By Step Guide for Article Writing
After knowing the format, let us have a look at the 5 simple steps involved in the process of article writing:
Before writing on any topic, it is important for a writer to first identify the audience the article targets. It can be a particular group of people, children, students, teenagers, young adults, middle-aged, elderly people, business people, service class, etc. Whichever group of people you choose to write for, select a topic that directly or indirectly impacts their lives or spreads the relevant information.
For example, if the article focuses on parents, then you might write about child psychology, the daily nutritional diet of a child, etc. The tone and the language should also match the suitable audience in article writing.
After you have chosen your target audience, the second important step in article writing is to choose an apt topic for your composition. This gives an idea of how you should process with the article. After you select the topic, then think of an intriguing title for the same.
For example, if you want to make the students aware of the various MBA specializations available, you can write – “ Everything you need to know about MBA specializations ”.
Consequent to selecting your targeted audience, topic and title of the article, research is the most important thing in article writing. Read umpteen articles, statistics, facts, data, and new governing laws (if any) to get a hang of all the information to be incorporated in the article. Additionally, check the authenticity of the data, so that you do not state anything outdated. Before proceeding with the article writing, prepare a rough draft or an outline of the article in bullet points and keywords so that you don’t miss out on the important information.
Once you have collected all the facts and data, you can now begin your article writing. As discussed, start the article with an introductory paragraph, followed by a descriptive and a concluding paragraph. After you have written everything, it is pertinent to proofread your entire article and check whether there are any grammatical errors. As a reader, it becomes a major turn-off when you spot even the minutest of a mistake. Also, make sure that the content is not copied from some other website.
To make your content even more attractive for people to read, you can also include some infographics. Adding images makes the article even more engaging and it proves to be more influential. Thus making the purpose of your article writing successful!
Given below is a sample that can give you more clarity on how to write an impeccable article:
Know What is Technical Writing !
Covid -19 for Students By Sahil
Covid-19 has affected all sections of human life. While it affected all industry sectors it has a major impact on education. Classes were switched from offline to online at night but it created confusion among students, especially the ones that were about to enter college. Students even took a gap year hoping for the situation to get better. While schools and colleges are opening because vaccination is in full swing across the globe there are still many challenges.
Understanding COVID-19, how it spreads, and how to protect ourselves are the most important things to be learned first as soon as the school reopens. Students should know the rules they are going to follow and the benefits of following the covid-19 Safety Rules in the School Classroom. It’s very difficult to make the children understand because innocent minds may not get acquainted with the current situation.
To avoid the risk of contracting the Covid- 19, these rules should be followed by every student and school faculty at all times. Students must carry hand sanitisers at all times. Students should never sneeze on their hands, rather they should cover them with their elbows, or may use a tissue or a handkerchief. Inform students not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth frequently. As chances are high that the virus gets spread through the touching of the eyes and nose. If students and teachers follow these basic rules, the spread can be stopped and schools can reopen.
My Vision of India in the Future By Aayush
Most of us have a psychological barrier to looking at India’s future vision, and those who perceive the future as coming straight out of the present typically have their perspective narrowed as well. I believe that the year 2050 will belong to individuals who strive to recognise diversity as a virtue in and of itself, rather than as a tool for combating new mental monocultures or a necessary compromise for social and ethical concord. In the future, India will be in the centre of the world, with variety valued as a goal in itself. My vision statement is neither a forecast of what will happen nor a wish list of desirable but unreachable goals.
It’s a statement of what we believe our country can achieve, given the level of concern that our current youth has about issues like corruption, pollution, and mismanagement of natural resources, among other things. Recognize that the elements that affect national development have changed in recent years and will continue to change in the future when imagining India in 2050. This is expected to create more opportunities than ever before.
The expanding impact and influence of India in domains such as technology, education, information, and productive skills supports the belief that India will attain and sustain higher economic growth and development in the decades ahead.
Do you have to write an article that is trending right now and will help you score better or help you practice better? Here is the list of current topics for article writing:
- Global Warming
- Environmental Pollution
- Impact of Internet
- Women Empowerment
- Education and Movies
- Value of Games in Education
- Yoga and Mind Healing
- Importance of Mental Health
- Importance of Education in Society
Explore some Creative Writing Topics
The likelihood of errors increases now that you understand the phases of article writing and the article writing format. The following are some examples of common blunders:
- Not using facts or quotes or similar cases
- Using a tone that is too formal
- Using difficult vocabulary without knowing its meaning
- Not using a catchy title for your article
- No use of paragraphs to bifurcate information
- Not expressing personal views or opinions
- The topics of the articles should be unique and relevant
- The article has to get the attention
- It has to be interesting
- It has to be easy to read
- Find the main goal of writing an article. The goal can be anything from providing information, entertainment, advice for comparing, etc.
- The title must be eye-catching, clear, and interesting
- The introduction or the starting paragraph must be highly attentive. Use your vocabulary skills or try to use some interrogative words at the start
- Use clear statements and make assertions
- Avoid repetition and over-the-top logic and reasons
- Use the style of paragraph writing and write the contents uniquely and unambiguously
- Avoid using the points which interest you only and not for the general public
- Always end your article writing on a good and logical note
6 Recommended Travel Writing Courses
- Article on the Importance of Education
- Article Rules
- Essay on Global Warming
- Essay on Internet
- Essay on My Aim in Life
- Essay on Education System
- Essay on Democracy
- How to Write a Career Goals Essay?
- Essay on Digital India
Whether you want to work as an article writer for your current employer or make a name for yourself in the journalism world, your voice and skill are in high demand. What matters is that you keep writing and learning.
The road may be difficult at first. Even if you have a good idea of who you are as a writer and where you fit best, there will be obstacles. At first, every writer experiences this.
Or you may have no idea what intrigues you or what format works best with your natural writing strengths. Keep your cool! You’ll keep learning as you go. When your work is published and assignments begin to flood your inbox, the road will become smoother.
When written well, it becomes a natural part of the audience’s experience. Article writers influence how content is presented and how people think. Even when trying to write someone else’s vision, your talent makes it worthwhile to read.
An article is a piece of information that is written to influence or provide information to people at large. The form and the style of article writing may vary from one topic or writer to another.
Not using facts or quotes or similar cases Using a tone that is too formal Using difficult vocabulary without knowing its meaning Not using a catchy title for your article No use of paragraphs to bifurcate information Not expressing personal views or opinions
The style of article writing varies from one topic or writer to another.
Thus, article writing is a form of art that improves only with practice and the right approach. If you want to pursue a career in a field where writing plays an essential role but are confused about the program then take the assistance of Leverage Edu ’s AI tool which will curate a list of the most suitable universities and courses that align with your professional goals!
Team Leverage Edu
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Contact no. *
How would you describe this article ?
Please rate this article
We would like to hear more.
Have something on your mind?
Connect With Us
15,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. take the first step today..
Resend OTP in
Need help with?
UK, Canada, US & More
IELTS, GRE, GMAT & More
Scholarship, Loans & Forex
Which English test are you planning to take?
Which academic test are you planning to take.
Not Sure yet
When are you planning to take the exam?
Already booked my exam slot
Within 2 Months
Want to learn about the test
Which Degree do you wish to pursue?
When do you want to start studying abroad.
What is your budget to study abroad?
Make your study abroad dream a reality in January 2022 with
India's Biggest Virtual University Fair
Essex Direct Admission Day
Why attend .
Don't Miss Out
66 Ideas You Can Write About
Let me guess:
You’re a prolific creator and can write over a thousand words a day easily.
Since you’ve to write regularly, you tend to run out of interesting topics to write about.
Alternatively, you write at leisure, but seriously want to complete the novel you recently started writing.
However, you face a lot of resistance in typing those first few words, in every writing session.
The fundamental problem in both scenarios is that you feel rusty.
You might have even tried a few writing prompts and writing exercises but to no avail.
Don’t you worry, mi amigo, I’ve got you.
Whether you’re writing blogs , fiction, essays, or creating content for any other platform, I’ve got you covered. In this article, you’ll learn tips, strategies, and a few tools to spark ideas for writing. I have even shared some random topics to write about.
Note: This article contains affiliate links. This means if you purchase anything using my link, then I earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). I only recommend products that I personally find valuable and enjoy. I appreciate your support!
You can directly get started with writing on these subjects or pick one of the below as an exercise to get your juices flowing. Let’s start with a few specific writing prompts and interesting ideas.
Creative Blocks Are Frustrating…
Do you want to practice writing every day, but inspiration is hard to come by? Presenting a printable with 365 writing prompts and cards: one for each day of the year. They are yours for $9+! Now You’ll Always Know What To Write About >>
Sixty Six Interesting Ideas To Write About…
If you’re feeling stuck or just want to type stuff, here are sixty-six subjects that you can write on. I’ve organized the prompts and topics into four sections, so pick the one that you like the most and crush the writer’s block.
15 Personal Topics You Can Write About
How about some self-reflection? Often, going back to yourself can flex those writing muscles. Here are a few subjects you can write about and gain perspective on your life.
1. How have the top failures in your life shaped you?
2. What are the little known hangout places in your hometown?
3. What does writing mean to you?
4. How has your education shaped your thinking?
5. Describe the last time you got super embarrassed.
6. Write a letter to your five-year-old self.
7. You’re stuck in an elevator with the high school teacher you hated the most. What will you tell her?
8. Act as your father and write a letter to yourself.
9. Describe your first encounter with politics.
( How long can you talk about politics ? )
10. Recall the first fight you had in your childhood. Now, write an apology to the person you fought with.
11. Assume you’re wrong about the way you think the world functions. Now find as much evidence as possible to prove it.
12. What are the top things people know about you that aren’t true?
13. What’s your favorite drink?
14. The world is coming to an end in a week. What are the three things you would like to do?
15. What are your top three needs without which you can’t function normally every day and why?
16 Fun And Weird Writing Ideas
If you’re searching for things to write about when you’re bored, then this section will provide the necessary ingredients. Let’s get started with the first fun writing prompt.
1. Is it the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end?
2. How do dogs help humanity?
(Want a hint ?)
3. Flesh out the ideal life that you would like to experience.
4. Why is fast food healthy?
5. Imagine you haven’t slept for a week. Describe how you’re feeling right now.
6. Which animal would you have been born as?
7. What’s your least favorite social media platform and why?
8. Is there a pop culture fad that you hate? Throw some light on your hate and contemplate why people are so fond of it.
9. Parody your favorite song.
10. What are the most boring ways to cure boredom?
11. What are the dumbest ways to stay dumb?
12. How do you define food ? Mention the top characteristics that are essential in every meal you have.
13. Your best friend is crying because they have put on weight (and weigh 195 pounds now). What would you tell them?
14. What are some weird things to eat with coffee?
15. Do people need more juice or wine?
As per Ross :
16. You live in Gotham and the Joker wants to meet you for coffee. Write a script for a five-minute conversation with him.
10 Writing Prompts About The World
In this section, let’s look at a few prompts about worldly problems with a creative twist.
1. What’s a talent that the world is better without and why?
2. If you become Iron Man for a day, then what would you do?
3. What’s the most irritating sound in the world?
4. How can the minorities in your locality feel secure and at home?
5. Does society need to be more materialistic?
6. How does the role of a male and female differ in your culture?
7. How have memes shaped our culture?
( Can you clear Shakespeare’s doubt ? )
8. Why do riots happen?
9. When will the world be able to function without bureaucrats?
10. What role does sugar play in our everyday life?
25 Things To Write About, For Your Business Blog
If you want to create content for your business website, then this section shares a few proven subjects that generally get loved by readers.
1. Write the story of how you put together your business and the learnings from running it so far.
2. What’s the most loved article on your website? Write a followup to it.
Five years ago, business consultant Mark Schaefer wrote a post titled “content shock” that went insanely viral. Since then, he has covered the subject multiple times on his blog, the latest being last year.
3. Summarize your favorite book and share any of its learnings that you use.
4. Share a list of the books that you’ve recently read and found valuable.
5. Answer the most frequently asked question by your audience regarding a specific aspect of your business.
River Pools answered a pertinent question of their prospects “How Much Does a Fiberglass Pool Cost” on their blog. It ended up generating over 2 million dollars worth of sales for the company.
6. Write a beginner’s guide on your reader’s glaring pain point. You can also expand it into an “ultimate guide”, just like the article you’re reading.
7. Create a listicle of your favorite business tools that you can’t live without.
8. Prepare a questionnaire that shares your top business challenges. Now invite a fellow content creator/entrepreneur in your network for an interview on your website.
9. Write down your top five productivity hacks that you use every day.
10. Compile a list of the top conferences and events in your industry that your readers might find useful.
11. Write a “how-to” article that teaches your readers a pertinent subject in your industry. It could mean a breakdown of a recipe, installing WordPress and starting a website, or getting a style makeover.
12. Take your readers behind the scenes of how you run your business every day.
Buffer has baked transparency in its company culture. They share honest accounts of their success, failures, and everything else on their open blog. It even includes their founder’s story of getting burnt out and taking a 6-week break to recharge.
13. Look at the top content of your competitors and let that spark fresh ideas.
14. Round up the top myths in your industry in a piece and share the correct beliefs that people should know about.
15. Review your most used product and share actionable ways that a new user can leverage it.
16. Are there any popularly accepted opinions in your industry that you strongly disagree with? If so, write a counterpoint article with stats, examples, and anecdotes from your experience.
17. You can always find new angles on popular subjects in your industry.
Animalz offers content marketing services to SaaS companies . So they run a blog on content marketing, a topic that’s been covered to death on the web. They still manage to breathe fresh air into old subjects. Just look at the intriguing titles of their content marketing guides below:
18. What are the ethical dilemmas you’ve encountered while running your business and how did you tackle them?
19. Write a post about the causes you support and why you care about them.
20. Roundup your favorite podcasts/blog posts from the last year with the top takeaways for your readers.
21. Suppose your business wants to create a web show that your audience will love and launch it on YouTube. Write down a one-page introduction to its screenplay.
22. Write an article showing the top features of the products you sell. Marketers call this “bottom of the funnel” content and it could be quite effective at generating new business.
For example, Ahrefs CMO Tim Suolo covered thirteen things that only their digital product could do in a post.
23. Invite your top users to share how they find your product valuable. You can consider creating a case study from their experiences.
24. Write down answers to the frequently asked questions regarding your product and business.
25. Conduct a business experiment and share its updates regularly. It allows your readers to connect with your brand.
GrooveHQ started their blog by sharing the “real story” depicting the struggles and challenges of running a small business. Their personal tales resonated deeply with their audience and led to the quick growth of their blog.
Here’s a snippet of their revenue progress bar that they shared live on their blog in the early days of their business:
While these ideas are great jumping-off points, I want to empower you to come up with new subjects on your own. In the next section, you’ll learn five effective ways to do the same.
Confused What To Write About? Here Are Eight Simple Strategies…
Whether you’re stuck with writing a blog post, article, or story, here are eight strategies to discover and come up with interesting subjects to write about.
1. Scan The Headlines Of Bestselling Books And Popular Articles
A great place to spark fresh ideas is exploring the work of other writers. Indeed simply scanning the headlines can help jumpstart your writing. Here are a few platforms you can try:
1. Scan The Amazon Bestsellers List
Amazon remains a popular place for shoppers to buy books. Their bestsellers list is updated every hour with the ranks based on what’s selling well.
As an author, you can look at the eclectic mix of both nonfiction and fiction titles. I recommend you begin exploring the books by their department in the sidebar on the left.
Here are the best sellers in romance. Note how in the left sidebar you can granularly explore subsections. Right off the bat, you’ve six titles you can use as a writing prompt.
I could write a short fantasy story on #3: “Where the forest meets the stars.”
How about you?
2. Plug Your Favorite Website Inside Social Animal
You can also scan the headlines of the most shared articles on social media from a website of your liking. Start by plugging the website inside Social Animal and the tool will return the most popular pages from the past one year.
For example, below are the most shared articles from longreads.com in the last year:
If you’re creating content for your business, you can consider plugging a competitor’s website inside the tool. Once you’ve got a few relevant subjects, come with newer angles, and cover the same subject.
Suppose I find that “meditation techniques for working professionals” is a popular subject among my readers. Now I’ll write on “standing and walking meditation techniques for working professionals.” It’s a novel subject that isn’t covered extensively and it’s relevant for the busy working class.
See how it’s done?
2. Keep A Notebook (Or Evernote)
If you’re a creator, ideation is a critical part of your work. But your creative juices might not always flow at your will. Ideas can arise even while you’re driving, doing dishes, bathing, or attending to some other tedious task. At such moments, noting these ideas can be a hassle and you might not have a notebook and pen.
Evernote , one of the best note taking apps out there, offers a better bet. It works on all the common platforms — iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and on your browser. And it offers two handy ways to organize the items you choose to save: tags and notebooks. They both have their utility, but choosing a notebook for every item is necessary.
Here’s a glance at my notebooks and a few tags:
With its mobile apps, you can store even your wildest of ideas in Evernote (even when you’re on the subway!) and go back to them when you feel uninspired. And it’s not merely plain webpages — you can also save photos, videos, and voice clips in one of its Notebooks.
I also use the Evernote Chrome extension to clip articles I find interesting. The software automatically chooses a Notebook for all the pages you save, though its categorization can be faulty. I can add my commentary to each saved item and refer to them later for inspiration. Taking screenshots of web pages and annotating them through Skitch is also possible.
If you’ve enabled the Evernote extension on your browser, then on performing a Google search an Evernote tab appears in the top right corner. It shows notes related (that you saved in Evernote earlier) to the subject you’re researching. Occasionally these notes result in the addition of an example or a resource to an article I’m working on.
The Evernote Premium version syncs across multiple devices and offers a generous 10 GB storage. But you can get started with its free version that offers a capacity of 60 MB (which is pretty decent for storing your notes’ archives) and syncs two devices.
Whether you write nonfiction or fiction, an outline will lay a strong foundation for you. If you haven’t created one, then do it now so that you know the structure of your writing project and the direction it needs to go in.
The other scenario is that you’ve hit a wall because you can’t seem to expand on your current outline. In fiction, it might indicate indecision on which way your story should jump. Whereas if you’re writing a blog post, it might mean you created a shorter outline.
In either case, it makes sense to get back to your outline and redo it with some research as well as brainstorming. Limit the re outlining session to about 10 minutes so that you power through quickly.
4. Solve The Pertinent Problems Of Your Readers
If you’re a nonfiction writer serving an existing readership, then one of your main goals is to solve the problems of your readers. Here are a few tools to find the top questions that they are asking:
The question-and-answer-platform gets hoards of curious visitors. You can directly search for a subject you’re writing about to find the top questions people are asking on it.
Suppose I’m writing an article on “Yoga vs. Gym.” On performing a search, here are a few questions I found people asking. I already have three important aspects of the subject (marked in red) that I should address in my article.
2. Answer The Public
How about a tool that aggregates all the top questions that your audience is asking on a keyword and represents them visually? “Answer The Public does that by collating all the data users are typing inside Google & Bing. Here are the top questions returned for “yoga vs. gym”:
3. Survey Your Readers
Who can tell you more about their problems, motivations, and emotions than your readers themselves? So if you have an existing email list, reach out to your readers directly and ask them about the top subjects they would like you to tackle on your site.
Indeed it’s a good idea to take feedback from your readers regularly. So, like Jorden from Creative Revolt, consider asking questions and interacting with your subscribers at the end of your email in a postscript.
If you prefer staying organized, then you can use a tool like Survey Monkey to conduct a survey smoothly and generate insights.
Don’t have an email list, but an existing audience on Twitter, Slack, or other social media? Then you can conduct a poll on these platforms asking people what they struggle with the most and you can lend a hand with your blog post.
Here’s a poll copywriter André Spiteri conducted on Twitter that led him to his article’s subject on “nailing blog post introductions.”
5. Focus On Narrower Topics
When I first pitched my ideas to my editor at Foundr magazine, she gave me a piece of advice that is helpful for finding newer writing subjects when you’re stuck. She suggested attacking “more focused topics” instead of broad subjects:
Owing to the intense content marketing competition , most broad subjects have already been covered to death. It’s difficult to bring anything new to the table. However, you can get granular and hone in on a specific detail.
Instead of creating an article on “how to start writing your book”, you can attack a narrower subject like “how to write the first chapter for your novel.”
If you’re creating content for your blog, you might be afraid of narrowing the coverage of your subjects because a focused subject will have reduced readership. However, your writing will resonate deeply with those few readers and they might share it with their friends.
6. Read News And Explore What’s Trending
Is Twitter buzzing with a virus outbreak that’s slowed economies across the world? Maybe people are talking about a movie release that’s happening later this week.
The trends can serve as standalone writing subjects if your audience would like your analysis of them. However, it isn’t essential to newsjacking such events. You can also pick up ideas and anecdotes from these emerging events and integrate them into your writing.
So the next time you’re stuck and want an interesting idea, try reading the news .
Beyond the dedicated “trending” hashtags on Twitter and media publications, you can also use Google Trends . Try the Google Search Trend reports from the last couple of years. It’s even broken down into convenient sub-categories. Here’s a snapshot of the 2019 report.
Do these events, searches, actors, and athletes spark hot ideas for an article (or maybe give direction to an existing piece)?
6. Research Keywords With Ubersuggest
While we’re on the subject of the problems your audience is facing, how about some good old keyword research with quantitative data?
While most tools on the market are paid and limited, Ubersuggest offers substantial data for free.
I plugged our example query “yoga vs. gym” in Ubersuggest. Here’s data related to this query, and a few related keywords that people are typing in Google with their approximate monthly search volume:
Not only do you get ideas that can be covered in your article (like practicing yoga and gymming on alternative days), but you should also use these exact keywords inside your article.
- It’s a great way to make your readers feel included by writing in their language.
- It helps Google’s algorithm understand the subject you’re writing about in more detail.
If you scroll down, Ubersuggest also shows the most shared articles on your subject from around the web.
The tool is a goldmine for bloggers and content creators to find data-backed content ideas that are proven to work.
7. Let The Music Play!
Do you know that happy music can facilitate divergent thinking (a method used for generating creative ideas)?
Indeed in my method acting training, we were taught using music as a tool to feel a requisite emotion for a scene before performing.
So open your digital jukebox and let yourself relax. Listening to your favorite music could even uplift your mood and inspire you to come up with new ideas.
Begin experimenting with various mood playlists on Spotify to evoke unique ambiances ( here are thirteen you can try). You can also explore YouTube music and its curated mood-based playlists.
If you find that a certain genre of music helps you quiet your racing thoughts and internal chatter, then let that kind of music play.
8. The (Not So) Secret Strategy For Battling “I Don’t Know What To Write About…”
Alright now let’s get the prolific and successful writers out of the closet.
- How do they get SO MANY brilliant ideas for writing?
- How can they not get nervous, afraid, and frustrated to create every day?
- It’s not any of the above seven strategies. There’s a secret recipe they must follow, huh?
I’m sorry to break it to you, but they don’t have a secret. They have fears like us. They run out of ideas. They battle imposter’s syndrome and hit writer’s block. However, they push through self-doubt and the fear of failure, which are major reasons we get stuck in creative work.
Let me share an example:
“Eat, Pray, Love” author Elizabeth Gilbert felt terrified while writing a followup to her blockbuster international bestseller. She even started thinking of dumping the project. However, she found a way to change her relationship with her work.
In her TED Talk, ‘Your elusive creative genius’, she shares a psychological construct that can liberate creatives like us from the results of our works:
Let me quickly show you the two main things that are relevant to us. The first aspect was the idea of what should count as ‘genius’:
“…the Romans did not actually think that a genius was a particularly clever individual. They believed that a genius was this, sort of magical divine entity, who was believed to literally live in the walls of an artist’s studio, kind of like Dobby the house-elf, and who would come out and sort of invisibly assist the artist with their work and would shape the outcome of that work.”
The second aspect clarifies how you the above concept takes the pressure off you:
“…if your work was brilliant, you couldn’t take all the credit for it, everybody knew that you had this disembodied genius who had helped you. If your work bombed, not entirely your fault, you know? Everyone knew your genius was kind of lame.”
Ultimately getting new ideas boils down to stop judging your creative process. Gilbert found her way by going back to ancient Rome and ancient Greece. You just need to find yours.
Now You’ve Got Cool Things To Write, Huh?
As you know, all stories worth telling have already been told. Most interesting topics have already been written about. However, that shouldn’t forbid you to write on these subjects in your unique voice, spicing it up with your life experiences and your creativity.
I have shown you how to find things to write about with actionable tips and tools. And even shared some random things to write about.
Hopefully, the article gets your creative juices flowing, and leaves you with something to write about.
8 thoughts on “66 Ideas You Can Write About”
- Pingback: 4 Groundbreaking SaaS Company Content Marketing Examples - The Best of the Web
- Pingback: 7 Top Benefits Of Reading: Why You Need To Read More Books
How about section of the prompts for fantasy?
Thanks for the idea, Gary. Let me work on that 🙂
- Pingback: Screen Time Statistics 2020: Your Smartphone Is Hurting You
Here are some hacks that I believe will help to get started writing: 1) Be physically comfortable. 2) Write the draft even if it is horrible. 3) Do not worry about the results. 4) Talk to other writers. 5) Write something that’s been in your mind recently.
- Pingback: How To Grow Your Pinterest Audience By 829% In Three Months
- Pingback: Become A Super Successful Content Creator: 5 Simple Tips
Comments are closed.
Elite Content Marketer offers education and software reviews to help beginner creators graduate into the middle-class (and beyond) sustainably. Learn more about us here .
- 24 Outsourcing Statistics for 2023
- Twitter for Freelance Writers: A Simple Guide
- How to Set Your Freelance Writing Rates (as a Beginner or an Expert)
Follow Us on Social Media
Article Writing Format| Article Writing For Class 12 Topics, Tips, and Examples
See this post to know all about article writing:
What is Article Writing?
- Video Explanation of Article Writing
Article Writing Format
- Article Writing for Class 12
- Article Writing Class 12 Format
Article Writing Tips
Article writing class 11.
- Article Writing Examples
What is Article Writing – An article is a written work published in a print/electronic medium. It may be for the purpose of propagating news, researching results, academic analysis, or debate. Generally, it is a piece of writing that is published in a newspaper or Magazine.
Related – Letter Writing, Letter Writing Format, Tips, Examples
See Video on Article Writing, Format of Article Writing, Tips and Examples
When a student has to attempt a question on Article writing, he has to follow the article writing format by CBSE. Here you can see the article writing format in detail.
The format of an article consists of the following parts –
- By line, and
- HEADING – The heading should be catchy and in not more than 5-6 words. You can go as creative as you want with this one just make sure you do not devote too much time on it in the exam.
- BY LINE – It refers to the name of the person writing the article. It is generally given in the question. If not given, then do not write your personal details.
(NOTE- You are not supposed to mention any of your personal details while attempting the answers in the exam.)
- BODY – It is the main part of your writing piece. It generally consists of 3-4 paragraphs.
- PARAGRAPH 1 : It is always prescribed that you begin with a short introduction of the topic; it’s meaning to be precise. Briefly tell what the article is about giving some quotations or startling facts to arouse the interest of the readers.
- PARAGRAPH 2 or PARAGRAPH 2&3: Now this part can be written in either one or two paragraphs. You are required to do a complete analysis of the subject matter in question. It may include-
- TYPES – In how many forms does the problem exist? You are required to mention the various possible types (if it exists).
- CURRENT SCENARIO – Then you need to explain the current situation, the problems (if any) and whether after any corrective actions, betterment in the situation has been observed or not.
- It may include advantages/ disadvantages depending upon the topic in question.
- CAUSE AND EFFECT RELATIONSHIP – Develop the cause and effect relationship by supporting it with facts or data. You may also write the consequences.
- Any other relevant and related information.
- PARAGRAPH 3 or PARAGRAPH 4: The conclusion. It is the concluding paragraph. It is important to conclude what you’ve started. Never leave an article open-ended. Now, it is to be remembered that wherever you elaborate a problem, you always have to mention the steps being taken to improvise the situation and suggest a few solutions as well. Predictions and personal problems may be included. This paragraph needs to be short and precise. Here also, you could add some glitter to your art piece with some quotes.
Article Writing Class 12
Article Writing Class 12 – In an examination, nothing is written purposelessly. Clarity of purpose will ensure clarity in the choice of style and vocabulary.
Article writing for CBSE Class 12 comes as a very long answer-type question carrying a weightage of 05 marks.
Two Very Long Answer Questions containing internal choice, to be answered in 120-150 words have to be attempted. The questions will be based on any of the following –
1. Article writing
2. Debate writing
3. speech writing
4. Report writing
Article Writing Format Class 12
Article Writing Format Class 12 – The Format of article writing for class 11 by CBSE is the same as we have discussed earlier. Article writing for class 12 carries 05 marks, it is a very important question. In order to write a perfect article, we must be well acquainted with the topic and must possess a wide range of vocabulary, a thorough knowledge of the subject, some research, and excellent organizational skills. Here is the ideal format of article writing and Article Writing tips to help you write your perfect article.
Related – Informal Letter, Format, Tips, Examples, Topics
Here are a few valuable tips for you to attempt the CBSE Class 12 Article writing format question in a better way-
- Plan before you pen- it is important that you follow a sequence. Jot down the points at the back of your answer sheet and ensure a proper sequence of ideas. Introduce, Analyse, Suggest and conclude.
- It is possible that you have too many points or very few points. When you have a lot of varied points, it is better you choose a few best ones and write a line or two on each. In case you have very few already, explain them in at least two-three lines each.
- MOST IMPORTANT- Always begin with your strongest point. You can accommodate the weaker ones in between and end with another strong point. (REMEMBER: Strong-Weak-Strong)
- You have to strictly follow the prescribed word limit in a restricted time frame so just do not go on writing and writing.
- Feel free to give your personal opinion in one or two lines.
- It is very important that you do not deviate from the topic. There are chances you may get ideas linking from one to another that may deviate you from the main point. You have to refrain from doing so.
- Avoid repetition of ideas.
- Underline all the important points.
- Make sure you double-check for grammatical accuracy and spellings. They carry marks.
- Always have a few general quotes in handy. They help in the presentation and show that you’re prepared.
- Read editorials in a few newspapers and notice the pattern.
- Make small sentences. It restricts the scope of grammatical inaccuracies.
Article Writing Class 11 – Students of Class 11 also have to learn the format of article writing as per the CBSE syllabus. The basic guidelines on Article writing format have been discussed earlier. We have compiled a few sample questions on Article writing so that students get familiar with the format of an article. Top
Related – Notice Writing Format, How to Write Notice Writing In English
Article Writing Examples | Solved questions
Below are a few Article writing Examples for you so that you get an idea as to how to attempt CBSE class 12 Article writing questions well. Remember, the more you read and practice, the better it is. As per CBSE guidelines, the Article should not exceed the prescribed word limit of 120-150 words.
Q1. ‘Grow more trees to reduce pollution.’ Write an article in 150-200 words on the topic given above for your school magazine. (SOURCE- CBSE compartment 2018)
Answer: Grow More Trees to Reduce Pollution Radhika
“Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky.” Trees and plants are one of the main reasons why mankind came into existence. The importance of planting trees has been emphasized time and again. This is because of the numerous benefits they offer.
They make the world a better place to live in. They exhale oxygen and inhale carbon dioxide to maintain the ecological balance in the environment. They also absorb all the harmful gases and give us fresh air to breathe.
Trees build a sheet to protect us from the harmful ultraviolet rays. Not only this, they serve as a habitat for birds and various species of animals. This is not it. Trees help in controlling water pollution and preventing soil erosion.
The places inhabited by large numbers of trees are quite cooler compared to the concrete jungles that cannot do without air conditioners. Unfortunately, urbanisation is leading to clearing of forests and parks despite the numerous benefits they offer. People come here for morning walks, evening strolls, yoga sessions and laughter therapy. These also serve as a safe place for the kids to play and socialise. The only way left to preserve them and reap these benefits is by growing them at a faster rate.
As a Chinese proverb states, “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” So do your bit and make this place more beautiful.
Q2. India is a land of diversity. One way in which it makes us feel proud of it is the number of festivals we enjoy. Write an article in 150-200 words on ‘Festivals of India’. You are Karuna/Karan. 10 (SOURCE- CBSE 2016)
Answer: FESTIVALS OF INDIA – Karan/ Karuna
It is said that “Greatness of a culture can be found in its festivals”. India has proved every word of the saying right by being famously known as the “Land of Festivals” .
True to this belief, India has scores and scores of festivals that bring happiness and joy all across the country.
This is because of the diverse cultures that exist in this subcontinent. All these different cultures and religions get tied together in bonds of love with these invisible threads of celebrations.
Every festival has a social, religious and mythological value. Accordingly, Dussehra has a great significance. Similarly, the Janmashtami festival has also a great religious and social significance. This is the occasion when Lord Krishna was born to kill Kansa and other demons and save the people from a great danger. This festival also teaches us how to fight evil and falsehood and establish truth.
On these festivals, people offer prayers to their deities, wear ethnic clothes and make merry with their near and dear ones. Ganesh Chaturthi, Eid Ul Fitr, Baisakhi, Onam, Pongal, Gurupurab, Ram Navami and Durga Puja are some of the festivals that are celebrated with immense zeal in different parts of India with some of these being specific to a particular region.
No wonder, our country is called a land of festivals. Thank you.
Q3. Our performance in the Rio Olympics has told us that we do not pay enough attention to athletics and outdoor games. It is time we revised our attitude. Sports should be an important part of school’s daily routine. Write an article in 150-200 words in ‘Importance of Outdoor Games’. You are Sreeja/Thomas. (SOURCE- CBSE 2017)
Answer: IMPORTANCE OF OUTDOOR GAMES – By Sreeja/ Thomas
Sports occupy a prominent place in the life of a nation. It not only helps keep you healthy and fit but also plays an important part as a recreational event. Unfortunately, in our country, the trend is such that it focuses only on the academic front. To grow a tree, we have to water it’s roots; just like that, to prepare athletes that could play for the country, we need to inculcate the concept of sports at the primary level, i.e., the school level. What we are missing out is that sports play a vital role in imparting complete education.
Clearly, things did not go well in the Rio Olympics, and as everyone gets down to doing the post-mortem of our performances, often breathless, blame the quality of attention being given to athletics.
The benefits of playing sports are several, as it leads to balanced mental growth. It teaches the children life skills like team efforts, leadership, patience and social skills. It inculcates confidence, discipline and playing without crossing the rules.
Thus, it becomes all the more important to change the attitude of schools towards sports. It should be made a compulsory activity. It has been rightly said,
“Children learn as they play. Most importantly, in play, they learn how to learn.” Thank you.
Related – Free Online English Test – MCQ Test Series
4. By 2050, India will be amongst the countries which will face acute water shortage. You are highly alarmed and terrified of the future world without water. So, write an article on “Save water- are we doing enough?” for the local daily in 150-200 words. (SOURCE- SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER 2018-19)
Answer: SAVE WATER- ARE WE DOING ENOUGH?
Many people are living with less water than they need, whether in the world's most prosperous cities or in its bountiful agricultural heartlands. Droughts have also become more frequent, more severe, and affecting more people around the world. As many as four billion people already live in regions that experience severe water stress for at least one month of the year. With populations rising, these stresses will only mount.
Water is the precious gift of God on earth. Life exists on the earth because of the availability of water. Itself being tasteless, odourless and colourless, it adds taste, colour and nice smell in the life of living beings on the Earth.
Here are different methods we can follow to save clean drinking water and deal with the water scarcity. Rain water harvesting is one of the most effective and suitable methods among save water techniques.
Deforestation is also a good method as it reduces the surface runoff and recharges the groundwater. It promotes underground water conservation. By practicing such methods we can conserve more water naturally and ensure the availability of it for future generations. We should take a pledge and make it a lifelong motto to preserve water because,
“If you conserve water, it means you conserve life.”
Q5. Recent floods in many metropolitan cities of the country during the monsoon season laid bare the hollowness of the claims of the civic authorities of their preparedness. The poor had to bear the brunt of the problem while no one was ever held accountable. Write an article in 150 – 200 words on the common man’s woes during the monsoons and the need for accountability of the officials concerned. You are Sumit/Smita Verma. (SOURCE- CBSE 2018)
Answer: COMMON MAN’s WOES DURING MONSOON -by Sumit/ Smita Verma
The much awaited Monsoon brings respite from the scorching heat. But Monsoon and madness walk together. Every year during the monsoons, chaos reigns supreme. The roads are flooded; the sewage system collapses; a huge loss of crops, fruits, life, and property is caused. Water logging and breeding of mosquitoes together becomes the reason for a lot of people falling ill. Network connectivity gets weak.
In spite of 71 years of independence, the Indian Government has not been able to tackle the flood problem caused by monsoons. Recent floods have laid bare the hollowness of the claims of the civic authorities of their preparedness. The poor had to bear the brunt of the problem. One of the causes behind this chaos is the lack of strict laws and accountability of the officials and the Ministries responsible for tackling the floods. The Government formulate and pass strict laws regarding the projects launched to relieve people of their distress but there is hardly a sign of effective implementation of the scheme. There needs to be strict accountability.
When the Ministers will be accountable, they will ensure the officers, officials involved in the projects surely create foolproof systems. It is only through strict accountability laws the system can be made efficient.
ALL THE BEST.
“Work hard in silence, let your success make the noise.”
Article Writing Extra Questions
Q. List down the steps involved in writing an article for class 12.
A. Here are the steps involved in writing an article:
- Title: It can be just one word or a few words but not a complete sentence.
- Name of the writer (byline)
- An introduction to the topic: You can begin with a quotation/stating the problem / giving some contemporary evidence.
- Main body of the topic:
- It should contain the cause/effect relationship, advantages and disadvantages of the problem stated. It is to be written in paragraphs dealing with different points.
- Conclusion: It should have some suggestions/ solutions/appeal/action or future predictions.
Q. Which are the different topics for article writing?
A. Types of articles asked:
- Magazine articles for school or general.
- Newspaper articles
The most common topics are:
- Impact of Advertisements
- Problem of Pollution
- Role of Youth in Combating corruption
- Water Scarcity
- Healthy Diet
- Teenagers and Obesity
- Importance of Travelling
- Advantages/Disadvantages of Technology
- Student Life and Stress
- Value of Sports
- Life Without Modern Gadgets
- Animal Cruelty
- Status of Women in Indian Society (or Women Safety)
- Hard Work/ Punctuality
- India of my Dreams
- Tourism Industry
- Festivals of India
- How to Channelise the Energy of Teenagers
Q. In how many words should a question of article writing be answered?
A. The length of the article should be within 150-200 words. An article can be divided into paragraphs according to the need. Each paragraph should deal with one (sometimes two points) point only in detail.
Q. Give some tips to score full marks in article writing.
A. Sometimes a verbal or visual input may be given to guide and help the students in writing an article. But in most cases, you are not provided with any verbal or visual input.. In such cases, use your discretion in arranging your ideas in meaningful and logical paragraphs.
The input ( if given) may include broad hints, a short outline or only a suggested beginning.
In rare cases, you may be given a visual input in the form of a figure, a diagram or a cartoon. The aim of inserting an input is to give a general outline along which the article has to be developed. The other aim is to discourage the habit of cramming.
The students are expected to give their own ideas or views on a particular topic or
issue in their own language.
Points to remember:
For writing a good article the students are advised to keep the following points in mind.
- Study carefully the hints or points given in the verbal input.
- Arrange the hints given in the order you want to develop them for writing the article.
- You may have some new ideas or views about the subject or the issues raised in the article. Coordinate your own ideas with the hints given in the input and rearrange them in a logical order.
- Develop each point in a systematic and logical manner.
- Your composition should not be sketchy. Every sentence should be linked with the rest into a single whole.
- The first few sentences should introduce the topic/main idea/main issue of the article. The last few sentences should state your conclusion on the topic or issue.
- Don’t exceed the given length. Your article may not be too short or too long of the given length–200 words.
- In a long composition, it is always better to divide or arrange your article into suitable paragraphs.
- Always use a simple and grammatically correct language. Your expressions and phrases should fit into the scheme of your writing.
- Your composition should be meaningful, brief and to the point. Unnecessary or superfluous details or explanations must be avoided.
Q. What is the marks weightage, break up of marks and word limit of article writing questions?
A. The question on Article writing carries a weightage of 5 marks. The marks are divided as follows –
- Correct format gets 1 mark.
- Organisation of Ideas is for 1 mark
- Content is for 2 marks.
- Accuracy of Spelling and Grammar is for 1 mark.
The article has a word limit of 120 – 150 words.
- Learn English Writing Skills
- Essay writing in English, Topics, Examples, and Format
Ten tips on writing a good essay
- Class 9 English Explanation, Summary
- Class 10 English – Explanation
- Class 12 English Lessons Explanation
Related Web Stories
Tips and tricks.
Tips to score 95% in English paper
Tips for scoring full marks in Notice Writing question
Tips to score more in Speech writing question
Tips to score full marks in Formal letter writing question
Tips to Crack Class 10 Board Exams 2023
Simple tips and tricks to score well in examinations
Tips for Developing Confidence
Quick Exam Tips and Tricks
Tips for Success in your Career
Exam Preparation Tips
Exam Stress Management Tips for Parents
English Writing Skills
Analytical Paragraph Writing | Format, Examples, Samples
Report Writing Format | How to Report Writing Examples, Topics, Samples and Types
Letter to Editor Class 10 to 12, Topics, Sample and Example
Informal Letter Format, Topics, Examples
Article Writing Format, Topics and Examples
Classified advertisement writing examples
Letter to the Principal, Format, Samples
Leave Application for Marriage, Format, Sample, and Examples
Story Writing , Format, Topics, Examples
Job Application with Biodata, Format, Topics, Examples
Leave Application Format for Office, School and Sample
Speech Writing format, examples for Class 11, 12
Invitation writing tips for class 12
Report writing tips for class 12
10 Important Things to DO to score more in Debate writing question
Let us revise Reported Speech in 9 Quick Steps
Job Application Writing Tips for Class 12 English
Tips to ace the question on Analytical Paragraph writing in Class 10
Essays in English
Essay on rainy season
Essay on My Father in English
Essay on Mahatma Gandhi in English
Essay on Swami Vivekanand in English
Essay on Shaheed Bhagat Singh in English
India’s 15th President Draupadi Murmu, Essay in English
Essay on Cruelty to Animals in English
Essay on Importance of English
Plastic ban – Are we doing enough?
Essay on my family
Essay on My best friend
Essay on Impact of Poverty on Education
Essay on The Wonder Called Science in English
Essay on Mobile Phones in English
Agnipath – A New Recruitment Scheme of Indian Armed Forces
Role of Technology in Education? English Essay
What is Exam Result Anxiety and How to Reduce it
Should Facebook be banned? English Essay
Suicide Among Students Due to Parental Pressure
Should selling and using tobacco be banned? English Essay
Social Media – A cause of Anxiety and Depression
Should Smoking in Public Places be banned? English Essay
Essay on Should children get limited access to the Internet?
Should Education be Free? English Essay
Coronavirus: Coping With Viruses in the 21st Century: Are we ready?
To Zoom or Not to Zoom – Is it Safe for Official meetings in 2020?
Online Education : A Boon or A Curse?
Citizenship Amendment Act – Confusion and Arguments Explained
Merger of Banks in India – What are the advantages and disadvantages?
Essay on why plastic has been banned in India for students
Impact of COVID-19 on the World Economy
The Impact of COVID-19 on Global Education and its Solution
Essay on the importance of Computers in our life
Essay on Importance of Discipline for success in life
Essay on Terrorism
Essay on Skill India Mission
Essay on Renewable Sources of Energy
Essay on Make in India Project
Essay on Haritha Haram Program
Essay on Corruption
Essay on “My Aim in Life – to become an astronaut”
Essay on the Importance of Education
Essay on Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao
Essay on Importance of sports and games
Essay on Demonetization
Essay on Pollution
Essay on Water conservation
Essay on Global Warming
Essay on Diwali in English
Essay on Holi in English
Essay on Chandrayaan in English
Essay on Women Empowerment in English
Essay on Child labour in English
Essay on Swachh Bharat Mission
Contributions of DRDO in Indian Defence
Active and Passive Voice Definition, Rules, Exercise, and Example Sentences
Countable and Uncountable Nouns Meaning, Definition, Difference and Examples
Direct and Indirect Speech, Format, Rules, Exercise, and Examples
Determiners Definition, Types, Exercise and Examples
All About Tenses | Tenses Examples, Types of Tenses in English Grammar
English Vocabulary for Bank PO Exams – Synonyms MCQ Videos
Noun Definition, Types, Exercise with Examples in Hindi and English
What is a Verb? Definition, Types of Verbs, Exercise and Verbs Examples in Hindi and English
What is a Preposition? Definition, Types, Exercise, and Examples in Hindi and English
Subject Verb Agreement (concord rules and examples
Modals Definition | Modals Exercise, List of Modals with Examples
Master Tenses in English Grammar – The Easy Way
CBSE School Lessons
Class 12 English Lesson Explanation
Class 12 English MCQs
Class 12 English Important Questions
Class 11 English Lesson Explanation
Class 11 English MCQs
Class 11 English Important Questions
Class 10 English Lesson Explanation
Class 10 English MCQs
Class 10 English Important Questions
Class 9 English Lesson Explanation
Class 9 English MCQs
Class 8 English Lesson Explanation
Class 8 English MCQs
Class 7 English Lesson Explanation
Class 6 Lesson Explanation
All India Entrance Exams
State Entrance Exams
Common Entrance Test
Upcoming Entrance Exams 2023
Top Entrance Exams after 12th
Tips to score full marks in Class 12 Article writing question
10 Positive Quotes to start your day!
10 Powerful Self-Discipline Quotes for Students
Top 10 Quotes For Students on Preparation – Preparation Quotes
Entrance Exams for Jobs after Graduation
Entrance Exams for Commerce Students
Entrance Exams after Graduation
List of Entrance Exams for Teaching Jobs
Entrance Exams for Railways Recruitment
List of Entrance Exams after Graduation
List of Entrance exams conducted by IITs
Top Mass Communication Entrance Exams
List of Entrance Exams for Arts students after Graduation
Merchant Navy Entrance Exams and Admissions in India
Entrance Exam Dates 2023
Indian Army Entrance Exams 2023
- Food & Beverages
- Marketing Examples
10+ Article Writing Examples & Samples in DOC | PDF
Newspaper article writing example.
Creative Article Writing for School
Technical Article Writing Example
Short Article Writing Example
Medical Article Sample Writing Example
What Is Article Writing?
Importance of article writing, sample article writing example.
Research Article Writing Example
Tips for Freelance Article Writing Example
Free SEO Article Writing Example
Free Travel Article Writing Example
Persuasive Article Travel Example
Guidelines for Article Writing
1. choose a topic, 2. read other articles, 3. know the purpose of the article, 4. keep your audience in mind, 5. gather facts to include in your article, 6. create a draft, 7. include a few quotations, 8. do not inject overly biased opinions, 9. mind the length, 10. proofread, more design, 6+ script writing examples, 6+ argumentative writing examples, 6+ informative writing examples, 6+ meeting minutes writing examples, 5+ formal email examples & samples, 5+ narrative writing examples, 5+ formal writing examples, 4+ summary writing examples, 19+ article writing examples, 16+ professional email examples & samples, 7+ personal essay examples, 6+ descriptive writing examples, related articles.
- 10+ Essay Writing Examples
- 8+ Memo Writing Examples
Top 21 Content Writing Topics To Write On in 2023
Whether you are an experienced or a new writer, you must have wondered about content writing topics that would appeal to your target readers. even if you are a seasoned content writer, you will have days when you ponder over the effectiveness of the topics you choose. there are always some topics that you can count on. they invariably help to make a difference in the lives of your target readers. but it is not easy to select a topic, especially for novices. when you first start your journey as a content writer, it is but natural that you are confused, and in two minds about a topic. apart from the fact that several ideas jostle in your mind for prominence, you also have to identify where your inclinations are. here are the top 21 content writing topics to write on .
Let’s cover the popular content writing topics in this article. Hopefully, it will give you some ideas on what topics to pursue for maximum productivity and impact.
You have to identify your strengths and existing skills. For some, writing on technical topics is intriguing. Some concentrate on writing on generic subjects. Then some want to write business and news reports. Choose your topic wisely, and insert keywords as and when necessary.
When you create content, ensure that they cater to the demands of your consumers, and target readers first. Remember, you are primarily writing to provide value to your audience. If you intend to disseminate relevant information, then search engines will automatically value your content based on its quality.
Now let’s look at the top 21 Content Writing Topics that writers can choose to write on. They provide you with the option of diversity. You can also gauge your versatility by attempting to write articles on such topics.
Health and lifestyle.
Health and lifestyle together is an issue that is always going to be in demand. Today’s life is fast-paced life and the din and bustle of the city tell on the overall health. A healthy lifestyle has become a growing concern among people from all fields.
There are numerous articles, topics, data published on these topics regularly. The innumerable health magazines need high-grade content on diet instructions, exercise, nutrition, supplements, and other related elements.
You have to be able to understand the health and lifestyle industry to create successful articles. It requires plenty of research and an incisive understanding of how different people need different ways of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. There is no “one size fits all” policy.
The article should inspire confidence and inform your readers. Therefore the write-up has to mandatorily be well researched and backed up with facts and statistics.
Some of the most in-demand topics for health and lifestyle are as follows:
- Food And Dietary Instructions
- Types Of Diet To Follow
- Yoga And Mind Healing
- Managing Different Ailments
- Importance of Mental Health
- Styling And Beauty Tips
The article should be packed with value and should incentivize readers to lead a better and more healthy lifestyle.
Download our Free E-Book on The Ultimate Guide to Content Writing, and its tremendous career prospects
Content Writing E-Book
In this age of information, every online user is inundated with different content. One thing has to be constant in this dissemination of content across platforms. It is the ability to write compelling articles that will induce the target reader to take notice.
Writing tips are one of the best content writing topics that you can choose to educate your readers on. Today we have further opportunities for people from diverse fields to make a career in the web domain.
Most of it is concerned with disseminating written, audio, visual information to the public. Keep in mind, in any form of information distribution, writing is an indispensable part.
Whether it is a script for a podcast, an explanation of a video, content writing is paramount to convey the information properly.
This is why there is a huge demand for people wanting to know what would help them to improve their existing writing skills. Talent in writing will bolster their opportunities for a lucrative income online as well as the offline medium.
Business, Finance, law, Marketing, and every other avenue requires the skills of a competent writer. And to become skilled you need to remember the important writing tips that make for great content.
Enrol in the Best Online Digital Marketing Course for better prospects in the online job domain.
Facts vs Myths
When there is so much information being relayed consistently, it is imminent that you will have untrue/false information being disseminated as well.
Providing adequate evidence and debunking myths with facts is one of the most appealing ways of getting readers. It is a sure-shot way of appealing to your target readers.
It also helps to establish your dominance in this niche. With a well-rounded article that is strengthened with proof, you can ensure that you invoke trust in your target readers as a dependable content creator and writer.
Real-life Incidents and Takeaways
Slice-of-life stories and real-life examples are great topics for writing. It helps you to inform your target reader about the challenges and wins of real life. With compelling content, you can also provide information on how to face the hardships and come out a winner.
Real-life incidents have a way of influencing people to make better, well-informed decisions. By discussing these topics, you provide your target readers with the best examples and proof. Such content is of immense value.
This type of content almost always contains a takeaway at the end. You should be clear as to what you want your target readers to take away from your article to dispel any ambiguity.
Learn to create engaging content with the Best Content Writing Course
Relevant Industry News
If you are a digital marketer, a financial analyst, or a fashion Technology expert, you’ll always have industry news to disseminate to your focus Group.
This type of content is always in demand since people are interested to know about what’s happening in the relevant industries.
Trending topics are those subjects that intrigue and interest target readers the most. Look up trending topics in a particular country or a specific niche. You will see several results coming up. This indicates what the readers want to read. Trending topics are the result of people’s curiosity. They make topics trend. So, you get a clear idea of what to write on.
For example, if you take up today’s trending topics for India, you will see several political news, covid news, and news on IPL trending.
The competition is high for trending topics. You have to incorporate an attractive headline and an appealing first paragraph to reel the reader in. Any trending content topic has the potential to attract a great readership provided you abide by the rules of content writing.
Case studies are some of the most popular content writing topics. They are generally an account of a person or organizations’ different story from failure to success.
It is generally the story of triumph after going through several difficult steps to achieve the goals and objectives. Well-structured case studies can get great traffic and readership.
Case studies help to instill a sense of confidence and trust in people. You might encounter a similar situation as an organization or an individual. Hence, you can find innovative ideas to get solutions to your problems.
Also, Case studies are created by a variety of industries and businesses. They are a great means to connect with their target audience and resonate with the reader. It is a great way to promulgate your brand, products, and services and increase conversions.
Businesses use a lot of case study content to put forth their points with clarity. Case studies can be very valuable because they are effective in connecting people with stories of accomplishments and success. There are plenty of facts, statistics, and data provided in case studies to prove the points.
Lists and How To’s
Lists are comprehensive and have the characteristic of certainty attached to them. Listicles almost always come with a certain number that helps to give it a definite purpose.
- 10 Advantages Of Digital Marketing
- 9 Reasons To Learn Content Writing.
These topics always provide insight into the topics and help you to make informed decisions. It also gives you several choices that you can ponder on.
The same is applicable for how-to content topics. They generally deal with life hacks and are a favorite with the readers.
Today more and more content is based on the listicles and how to format. Since they are a favorite with the target reader, most companies come up with innovative ways to impress the readers with such topics and headlines.
Education is always one of the most popular content writing topics. They aim to educate and inform the readers about the latest certificate, diploma, graduate, undergraduate, and postgraduate programs.
With the advancement in the digital domain, there are several ways to get an education. You can write about online classes and the particular characteristics unique to them.
Content writing topics on education can provide details on such courses and certificates. They should invoke the emotional as well as the practical aspects of a person.
Select some of the topics that have a high search volume on this domain. Make sure you dedicate several hours to research the topics. Use fluid language, and powerful words to get your point across.
Work Culture and Ethics
In the ever-competitive and relentless corporate world, it is essential to uphold the standards of work ethics and culture to be successful. When someone is a budding professional, you might lack confidence, and knowledge of work ethics and culture.
Content writing topics on work culture and ethics help to clear such muddled minds. They give you a clear picture of how to develop and improve social skills and become an asset to your organization.
It also involves providing information on developing your interpersonal skills, becoming more resourceful. Also, several content topics in this niche help to imbibe the qualities of honesty and transparency.
In-house content topics help to know about the characteristics of an organization and business. You learn how to co-ordinate, collaborate for maximum productivity.
How to Crack Interviews and Get that Desired Job
This is an extremely popular and always in-demand content writing topic. There are so many new job candidates every year. The prospect of appearing for an interview can be unnerving. These new professionals cover articles covering these topics. Acing interviews is their main aim right after passing out from an institute. Providing a guide or detailed article on the probable questions in an interview can be a great content topic. Combine it with a listicle on FAQs of cracking interviews. You have a winner article there.
Tutorials on Tools and Applications
You constantly need to innovate your content writing techniques and incorporate new things to provide to your target readers. Tutorials are great for sustaining readership and bringing in recurrent readers to your blog or website.
There are some pertinent best practices to create tutorials that would continue to reap the benefits in the long run. Most importantly, you have to be clear on the points you communicate.
It is generally a step-by-step process of informing your focus group about a particular application, software, device, or tool. You should write it as simply as possible.
A very important part of writing tutorials is to include text with images as you proceed with clarifying the steps. It helps your target reader to understand and follow the article more closely. Moreover, a long-winded tutorial without images to bolster your write-up will not appeal to your target readers.
Tutorials are a great way to expunge any doubt relating to any device. application, appliances, etc.
You should take the utmost care to provide as much value and give them as much help as you can in your article. Do not forget the element of intrigue. Keep it interesting, conversational, and structure it properly.
This topic is a corollary of the above points. Nevertheless, problem-solving is one of the most widely read topics for any niche globally.
The 5 Ws and 1H can be great topic titles for content topics that deal with problem-solving. The how, why, where, when, what questions can lay the premise for a great article.
Every niche comes with its fair share of queries, and questions. If you provide satisfactory answers through your content, it is bound to get you results. It will help you become a reliable content writer with a sustained readership.
How To Choose A Niche For My Blog
When Is The Best Time To Workout
5 Tips To Start Affiliate Marketing
20 Best Ways To Boost Your Self-confidence
How To Build Your Self-esteem
What You Need To Become An Influencer
How To Choose The Right Career Path
You have so many opportunities to write and make an impact on target readers and consumers. There can be diverse content topics to create impeccable content on.
Special Occasions, and Festivals
Festivals a moment to rejoice and create memories. Articles on festivals should have a human element to them. There are always memories attached to festivals and events. You should research and know about the history of these festivals, and special occasions.
They are fun topics to write on, and you can put your perspectives into your write-up to give a more personal feel to it.
Content writers can choose to write on a variety of topics in festivals. Ideas for decoration, gourmet food, celebrating with near, and dear ones, are some human stories that have an evergreen appeal to them.
In this digital era, several small and medium enterprises have come up. Entrepreneurship can be an extremely important topic for budding marketers and entrepreneurs who want to make a mark in the online as well as offline domain.
Writing on entrepreneurship gently entails creating a comprehensive report on the industry you are writing for. You have to possess business acumen and know the glossary, jargon, and terms used in that particular industry. It is paramount that you do your research well and do not give out any ambiguous or untrue information unwittingly.
Content writing topics on entrepreneurship can be extremely rewarding for writers across the globe today. The only prerequisite is that you have to be knowledgeable yourself. Create articles that are full of information that concerns your target reader.
International Affairs/ International Relations
This is also one of the favorite content topics. You have to possess in-depth knowledge of several disciplines to be able to write on international affairs. It is undoubtedly one of the most popular but challenging content writing topics.
Whichever topic you choose to write on, you have to know no the language you write in very well. Another aspect is having a comprehensive understanding of the political scenario. You should know about the economy, social structure, cultural aspect, history, and geography of countries you are going to write on.
Whatever facts you provide out there, should be backed by enough evidence. You can also create an analytical report based on the facts you gather.
A content writer of this domain should have a unique style. They should know who they are writing for very well. Since the reader base will be wide, owing to the nature of the topics, ensure that you convey your points coherently.
Today, digital marketing and its different modules are the top content writing topics to consider. The fact is that all businesses today are venturing into the online domain for marketing purposes. This makes it extremely relevant to write about the medium.
Digital marketing has gained tremendous momentum in the past couple of years. There has been a lot of changes, development, new regulations & rules about the digital industry.
Digital Marketing offers innumerable topics to write on. There is a huge readership for Digital Marketing articles and people are ever ready to read them. The main purpose of the content on digital marketing should be to educate them on the different facets of the digital industry. You can also combine the education aspect and create articles on the different courses available and their utility.
Digital Marketing constituents are a goldmine of topics for content writers. There are SEO and Digital Advertising modules. Then, there is Online Reputation Management, Email Marketing, Inbound Marketing. Working on the digital marketing niche opens up abundant opportunities to write.
Try to provide as much information as you can on these topics. The articles, blog posts, webpages should be full of significant news and information.
This is another topic that is gaining prominence by the day. Freelancing in any job is different from a regular office job. There are many intricate elements to successful freelancing. People are curious to know about their prospects. Therefore, it can turn out to be a very promising topic for content writing.
Various industries today require the services of freelancers. Whether it is web designing and development, coding, marketing, transcribing, every sector is today replete with freelancing work. There are numerous advantages to a freelancing career. And, as content writers, you have the opportunity to inform your readers about it.
However, freelancing is also new and unexplored still. There is a lot of ambiguity surrounding it. You should research and write on topics that will be of value.
Freelancing fees & charges, job opportunities, prospects in the future , are some of the hot topics for content writing. You need to invest time and dedication in writing these articles. If you are a freelancer yourself, that experience can come to great use.
Social Media Tips
Making a favorable impact on social media is a challenging task today. So many influencers and companies vying for your attention on these platforms. You might be at times, confused about what strategies to use.
This can be a great topic for content writers. You can create several topics on the utility of social media and how to make an impact on the different social media channels.
Life, Spirituality, and Relationships
Topics on the different facets of life, spirituality, and relationships can be very interesting topics to read. They make for great topic ideas for content writing.
You need to have the traits of empathy, compassion, and depth of character to be able to write topics about these elements successfully.
Additionally, You should take the utmost care not to offend sensibilities and try to create a positive vibe with your writeups on such topics.
People generally read topics on these subjects to gain a sense of calm, and understanding. Therefore try to create an optimistic ambiance through your writing. Provide a feeling of hope. That can immensely help your target readers and turn you into a thought leader in these niches.
Reviews on Varied Topics
Reviews get a lot of traffic simply because online consumers are interested in knowing about the advantages and disadvantages of a business, product, brand, or service are.
For example, you can write about new products that are launched in the market. You can also write about educational institutions. There are varied topics in every niche that you can pick and write reviews for.
It brings recurrent traffic to your blog and/or website. If your reviews are genuine, it builds an element of trust. That can go a long way in helping you build your brand reputation as a reviewer.
So here, we have the 21 content writing topics that you can choose to write on. Your topics should include the characteristics of great communication, impactful language, originality, and coherence. Once you achieve these, you are likely to gain great traction for your website and your goodwill as a writer.
Creating content that influences people positively takes time and solicitude. You should have the ultimate aim of providing value in the form of education and information to your target consumers. Only then will your content topics serve the purpose. Once it starts answering the questions that are buzzing in the minds of your target reader, you are on the path to becoming an impressive content writer.
Excellent article, and very well-written, too. Thank you!
Very informative article… thanks for providing such a important and necessary information.. Appreciate the work you are doing… Thanks from bottom of my heart…
Intrested in writing contents .
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Join Free Content Writing Demo Class
Our upcoming live batch’s starting from, sunday batch - 2nd april 2023.
Sunday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM (IST)
4 Seats Left
You May Also Like To Read
Graphic design and copywriting: how do they align, the prospective scope of digital marketing in 2023, best technical writing course in gurgaon with placements, a career in financial modeling in india: an overview, aviation career preparation tips – a beginner’s guide, the role of tally software in business accounting, best practices for writing a statement of purpose for ph.d., monte carlo simulation – definition, application, and more, top 10 must-have digital skills for career growth, share your contact details.
- Name This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Download Course Brochure (.pdf)
Request for online demo, download mock test, request to speak with mba advisor, take first online coaching, download course brochure, download course brochure (.pdf) & also speak with our expert advisors.
Talk To Our Agent
Request for a callback.
12 Awesome Topics for Content Writing to Write on in 2022
You cannot be formulaic in content writing because writing about the same topic can get monotonous and create apathy among your readers. You need to constantly reinvent yourself and look for exciting themes and hot takes on which you can give your own two cents.
But that is easier said than done. Content writing is not a cakewalk. You must constantly come up with some of the best topics for content writing that will resonate with your target audience.
This blog will help you with innovative niches on which to focus your content writing skills.
12 Niches to Get Your Creative Content Juices Flowing
Are you consistent with your writing and still unable to get engagement on your articles? Are you not able to get good search engine rankings even after optimizing your content? You need engaging, interesting topic ideas to keep the audience glued to your content.
We all know that content is king. However, we often forget that engagement is equally essential, which is why choosing your niche wisely before you start writing is very important. If you are a beginner and want to excel in content writing, it is very important to understand what the audience wants to read.
Whether it is an informative or promotional article/blog, choosing the right topic is paramount for any writer. These days, amidst the busy lives we all lead, we want everything to be quick: a quick read, a quick ad.
To get engagement, you must tell your audience what they will get from reading your blog. This is where the topic plays a significant role. If it is appealing, the readers will read for pleasure. If it is informative, they will read it for knowledge. But to read the content, they first need to like the topic. Here are a few topic ideas to get started.
Times and trends come and go, but one thing that remains constant is our love for food. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, we searched for new restaurants with great music and a fantastic ambiance.
Post-COVID, we have been searching for food outlets and cloud kitchens to send delicious food to our doorsteps. Food, as a niche, will always be in trend. Write about food—from old recipes to new eateries in town, just gather all the interesting information you can and write interesting articles on it.
With the world on social media, everyone wants to read more about a lifestyle: what habits to adapt, what to let go of, and the like. Write about how people dream of living and help them with expert tips.
With so much chaos in the world, everyone entertains themselves via movies, web series, and TV shows. With the rising OTT fever, almost everyone wants to know what new series is launching on Netflix. Write about entertainment and build a loyal audience base.
Books are one of the most interesting topics to cover as a content writer. From book reviews to book clubs, there’s a lot a book enthusiast can explore. However, make sure you don’t make it drab.
Everyone has goals and bucket lists about traveling to mesmerizing places. Tell those travelers about the roads less traveled through your research and experiences. Show them undiscovered destinations.
Health is true wealth, and almost everyone keeps looking out for tips on how to stay mentally and physically fit. People easily get attracted to such articles. The health marketing industry is booming, and you can take advantage of it by contributing marketing content to medical establishments.
The world has transformed drastically with digitization. Hence, marketing remains one of the top niches on the internet. Choose this niche and write informative content readers can actually take lessons from. You can cover everything from SEO and content marketing to social media and analytics.
8. Career advice
Career is a niche that has always been constant. With everyone looking for their dream job, people are eager to get good career advice to drive their growth. Also, at some point, almost everyone thinks about starting a business of their own. Give your audience good business ideas for kick-starting their dream.
Everyone loves art. Write about the best art pieces, galleries, seminars, and exhibitions. However, not everyone can comprehend art well, so you may or may not have many takers. Tread carefully. Understand your audience well.
10. Unknown facts
We are all curious creatures and always want to know more about mysterious topics. Telling people about unknown facts through your articles is an excellent way to gain traction.
Tech is driving the world these days. Talk about the latest innovations in this space. You can focus on automation and how it can be applied to almost every sphere of life today. You can even interview tech experts to give your article more credibility.
Sports is a vast nice, and there is much room for exploration. Scan the news daily and talk about what’s trending in the space. It is not hard to turn sports lovers into loyal readers. Just make sure to create engaging, SEO-rich content.
19 Best Types of Content
No one can escape writer’s block , not even a seasoned content writing expert. This is why we have come up with a list of 19 great topic formats so that your content writing well never runs dry. Let’s dive in.
In this age of misinformation and fake news, being a trustworthy source can score many brownie points with your readers. Debunking myths and fact-checking is a great way to add value to your readers’ lives. For instance, if your niche is content marketing, you can bust content marketing myths and win the goodwill of your audience.
2. Tips and tricks
Tips and tricks are probably as old as the content writing industry itself because someone will always need a quicker way to do things: cracking Facebook ads or baking delicious cakes.
This is an evergreen content type because no industry is static. You can publish new tips and tricks every year, depending on your space’s changing trends and paradigm shifts. It is also ideal content for making videos.
Laundry lists are extremely popular and one of the most easy-to-consume content types (even this blog is one). It sets the reader’s expectations about what exactly they will be getting from the article and gives them multiple options to consider.
What better topic to write about than one already in the news? Trends make for great reading because people are already talking about them, so you’ve already crossed that initial interest barrier. Here is an example to spot upcoming trends and stay relevant: 8 Ways to Find Trending Topics and Keywords.
5. Hacks and trade secrets
You might think this is the same as tips and tricks, and you wouldn’t be way off the mark. Hacks or trade secrets are helpful pointers you get from someone who has deep expertise in the field. For example, you can invite experts to share their opinions and insights on a particular topic and compile it into a comprehensive blog.
A year-in-review post for a particular niche is a great way to summarize the top happenings of the last year and prepare your readers for what to expect in the coming year. Mary Meeker’s annual “State of the Internet” report is an excellent example of year-end summaries done right.
7. A vs. B vs. C
Being confused between multiple choices is more commonplace than you think, so comparison posts are one of the most sought-after ways to address readers’ dilemmas. You can make an honest comparison of your service vis-a-vis competitors. Not only is this great for SEO, but it also solves customer queries elegantly.
As a brand, you should publish numerous how-to guides, giving your customers step-by-step assistance with specific features. This is a great content format because it directly tackles customers’ search intent: no beating around the bush, just a straightforward tutorial on getting the job done.
9. Problem-solution pieces
Troubleshooting guides are an SEO marketer’s dream because they almost always guarantee high click-throughs. People face a problem and are actively looking for a solution to that problem. So if you include both in the title of your blog, it is a surefire way of raking in many views.
Craft an in-depth article reviewing the different tools used in your industry or for a particular use case. This helpful, impartial content format is not overtly promotional and can supercharge your product discovery.
11. Industry news
Offer opinion pieces and hot takes to your readers about major highlights in your industry. Blogs on tech, business, marketing, design, and culture are some of the most sought-after currently.
People love to read and discuss contradictory viewpoints. If you have an idea or opinion that has scope for debate, it can help create a buzz in your community. Jason Fried is a master of this format, triggering conversations about unpopular opinions and unconventional concepts.
13. Advice pieces
Let’s suppose you’re good at something: just blog about it. People love to read about entrepreneurial journeys (the good and the bad) or how someone reached the top of the pyramid. So once you do, don’t hesitate to condense all the bittersweet experiences and wisdom you gained into an engaging blog/blog series.
14. Repurposed content
Rehashing existing content is an effective way to widen the coverage of your most popular pieces. You can repurpose blogs into infographics, videos, and even presentations to introduce your content to new audiences and maximize its reach.
15. Season’s greetings
Run promotional campaigns on special days of the year, such as Christmas, Diwali, Valentine’s Day, and April Fool’s Day. Organize contests, host giveaways, and more through your blog. Publish the list of winners once the promotion ends.
16. Behind-the-scenes content
Readers love to know more about the people behind the successful brand or corporate entity. They are the key figures running the show. Conduct an informal tête-à-tête with your team members or talk about your organization’s culture and working styles. It humanizes your brand and makes you more approachable.
17. Case studies
Case studies are an excellent method to put your best foot forward. Through case studies, you can exhibit brand reliability and win the trust of your prospective customers. It’s a brilliant lead conversion tactic as well.
Not all blog topics need to be serious. You can mix it up by writing a satirical or humorous version of a boring article. You can keep specific themes light and breezy and establish a fun relationship with your audience.
19. Guest posts
Guest posting is when a reputable writer, thought leader, or subject-matter expert posts on another website, in exchange for having their website linked to the piece. This way, the website owner gets more content, and the author gets more traction.
After going through this blog, we are confident you will have much to write about. However, outsource your work to a reputable SEO blog writing service if you’ve exhausted all the above options and reached your creative limits. They might offer fresh takes and unbiased thoughts on topics that matter.
We hope this comprehensive guide has removed the creative rust and jogged the wheels of your mind into action. So the next time you suffer from writing paralysis, come back to this blog for a dose of content writing inspiration.
Here are some tricks to choose the best topics for content writing: – Search for trending topics. – Select an evergreen topic. – Give solutions to problems.
Food, travel, marketing, technology, business, and sports are among the best content writing topics.
Here are some reasons why you can choose content writing as a career: – Make money with freelancing. – Become more knowledgeable about various topics. – Explore your creative side. – Get more sales/promotions for your products.
Optimizing content with keywords to reach the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) is called SEO writing .
You don’t necessarily need to have a writing degree to become a content writer. However, having studied marketing, linguistics, literature, or journalism helps.
The Top 10 Significant Content Marketing Events in 2023
Top 50 Women in Content: The Ultimate List for 2023
10 Tips to Build the Best Content Strategy for Mobile Apps
This page shares my best articles to read on topics like health, happiness, creativity, productivity and more. The central question that drives my work is, “How can we live better?” To answer that question, I like to write about science-based ways to solve practical problems.
You’ll find interesting articles to read on topics like how to stop procrastinating as well as personal recommendations like my list of the best books to read and my minimalist travel guide. Ready to dive in? You can use the categories below to browse my best articles.
Self-improvement tips based on proven scientific research.
- For a More Creative Brain Follow These 5 Steps
- The Proven Path to Doing Unique and Meaningful Work
- Creativity Is a Process, Not an Event
- Read More articles on Creativity
- The Ultimate Productivity Hack is Saying No
- Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds
- How Innovative Ideas Arise
- Read More articles on Decision Making
- How Experts Figure What to Focus On
- Zanshin: Learning the Art of Attention and Focus From a Legendary Samurai Archer
- Read More articles on Focus
- 30 One-Sentence Stories From People Who Have Built Better Habits
- The Ultimate Habit Tracker Guide: Why and How to Track Your Habits
- The Surprising Benefits of Journaling One Sentence Every Day
- Read More articles on Habits
- When the 80/20 Rule Fails: The Downside of Being Effective
- Absolute Success is Luck. Relative Success is Hard Work.
- Read More articles on Life Lessons
- The Goldilocks Rule: How to Stay Motivated in Life and Business
- World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov on How to Build Confidence
- What I Do When I Feel Like Giving Up
- Read More articles on Motivation
- 7 Ways to Retain More of Every Book You Read
- Read More articles on Productivity
- The Beginner’s Guide to Deliberate Practice
- The Scientific Argument for Mastering One Thing at a Time
- Read More articles on Self-Improvement
30 Days to Better Habits: A simple step-by-step guide for forming habits that stick.
- Take the guesswork out of habit-building. 11 email lessons walk you through the first 30 days of a habit step-by-step, so you know exactly what to do.
- Get the tools and strategies you need to take action. The course includes a 20-page PDF workbook (including templates and cheatsheets), plus new examples and applications that you can’t find in Atomic Habits.
- Learn a framework that works for any habit. You can use this course to build any good habit – from getting fit, to saving for an early retirement, to daily meditation.
1. Personal and Lifestyle · Vacations and holiday experiences · Sports activities · Musical activities · Funny anecdotes from day-to-day interactions with friends
Topics & Examples of Article Writing · Article on Sovereignty and Partition of India 1947 · Article on The Rebellion of 1857 · Article on Azad Hind
Article Writing Topics · Global Warming · Environmental Pollution · Corruption · Impact of Internet · Women Empowerment · Education and Movies · Value of Games in
How about some self-reflection? Often, going back to yourself can flex those writing muscles. Here are a few subjects you can write about and
Unfortunately, urbanisation is leading to clearing of forests and parks despite the numerous benefits they offer. People come here for morning walks, evening
Article writing example is the process of writing an article for a specific purpose and audience. Articles are written to discuss different subjects or topics.
Food And Dietary Instructions; Exercise; Types Of Diet To Follow; Makeovers; Yoga And Mind Healing; Grooming; Managing Different Ailments
In this age of misinformation and fake news, being a trustworthy source can score many brownie points with your readers. Debunking myths and
Looking for the best articles to read? Browse this list of interesting articles and essays on topics like health, happiness, productivity and more.
Hot topics that are always in demand include current events, technology, business, and health. However, there are also many other great topic ideas to explore